I have a dream response by Muthahar Nasim

While reading the  “ I have a dream speech “by Martin Luther King Jr, I noticed  how he emphasize phrases by repeating at the beginning of a sentence . For example: “ I have a dream” is repeated in eight successive sentence . I also noticed he repeated key theme word such as freedom, nation , we , justice , dream throughout his speech to emphasize on the purpose of the speech.  He also used specific examples to illustrate his argument such as geographical reference in his speech. He used many metaphors as well to allow the the audience to create more concrete emotions and images.For example : the negro lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity”.

The sentence i found the most compelling when he says, “ rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice”  It stuck to me because of the way the metaphor was used in this sentence to deliver a very powerful message.

I wonder how his perspective in racial justice is going to be  in todays society, we are still in a society with racial segregation and injustice.

The purpose here was  to end racial injustice and inequality and create a vision of complete democratic society where everyone is equal.