My Experience

When we started this project we were learning about color theory. We were tasked to analyze and look for imagines to inspire us. We made a color grid and here is where I learned about warm and cool colors as well as how you can make different hues and get muted colors. After that, we moved on to painting where we made a color palette that shows how color can become a tint or shade. After that, we moved on to a digital color grid where we had to make a complementary scale for orange-blue, red-green, and yellow-purple. When working on digital is when I learned about CMYK and how important it was when it came to color. When you play around with CMYK you learn that color can change due to the amount of cyan, magenta, yellow or black that is being put into the color. How color can become lighter than the previous and this also applies to darker colors. Then we move on to looking for images to inspire us for our landscape painting. We started off with thumbnail sketches and we were to color them with one of the complementary colors. From there we moved to digital for our landscape when making our landscape we were supposed to make the front be filled with dark colors and when moving back the colors get lighter. After that, we were to make abstract iterations of our landscape this part was very fun and creative because you had to use your creativity and transform your landscape that was well designed into just shapes. Finally, I had to make a painting of my landscape like I said before we had to use tint and shade colors though there was a twist we weren’t allowed to use any black color to get darker colors. At this point, I was confused because if we weren’t allowed to use black then how were we supposed to get dark colors. This is when I learned that you can get dark colors without using black this to me was a new discovery. Working on this project has taught me so many new things that I never knew about and I can’t wait to learn even more in our next project.