Introducing myself

Hi, My name is Nada. My story started when I was 4 years old.  My parents decided to move to the states in hopes of a better life for our family. We’ve been living in Brooklyn, NY ever since. Since high school, I knew that I wanted to work in a hospital. Even though I spent most of my childhood in hospitals which should result in me hating them, I want to help people the same way I was helped.  This is why my major is Nursing. My favorite hobby would have to be painting. (I’m not any good at it but I love doing it ). One of the many things I enjoy most is romanticizing my life through videos. I love making videos of little things happening around me and living in the moment.

This is a photo of my cat, Luna. I got Luna 6 months ago after a whole lot of begging. My mom did not approve of Luna at first, neither did my dad. when I first got her, I hid her from my parents for a week. She stayed in my room until one night she was being fussy and meowing. She woke my parents up and I was caught. They love her more than me now. She hates affection but the cute aggression in me kicks her in the butt sometimes.

1. Maribel Matos

Hi Nada,

Your cat is so precious! I feel like pets are always such an important additional to the family and little sources of joy. I see that you mentioned that your family moved to the US from a different country; mine did too! Where is your family originally from?

• nada

Thank you! Yea girl my cat is the CEO in this household. My family is originally from a country in the Middle East, Yemen.