ENG1151 Fall 2023

Sphear Forde

Hello everyone! My name is Sphear, my pronouns are she/her and my major is Professional and Technical Writing with a specialization in biology. This is my last semester at City Tech, and I have relatively enjoyed my time here. In my free time, I like to read, paint, and do DIY projects around the house. My favorite genres to read are dystopian fiction, nonfiction literature and true crime. Two current media topics that interest me are the immigration issue at the border and the increase in wildfires due to climate change.

Below is a picture of a hanging wooden butterfly I painted over the summer. It is one of my favorite craft paintings I have done this year. It symbolizes new beginnings and hope.  Each color of the butterfly corresponds with the overall message of the butterfly.  Green represents health, healing, wellbeing, and freshness. Blue represents peace. Yellow represents happiness, creativity, and warmth. White represents spiritual transformation, good luck, and prosperity.

1. Odalis Cruz

Hello Sphear nice to meet you! I also enjoy reading I find it quite relaxing and I also enjoy true crime. Wow, that is a very pretty butterfly and I love the meaning behind it and the effort you put into each color you added.