ENG2201 Spring 2023

Week 3

To start off, Huckleberry Finn is poor with a drunker bum for a father and something I found interesting was in chapter 5. Tom Sawyer is a friend of Finn and he found a robber stash of gold and gave some to his friend Finn now they got caught and did not try to admit what they did because they believe it will get things worse. For example “Looky here—mind how you talk to me; I’m a-standing about all I can stand now—so don’t gimme no sass. I’ve been in town two days, and I hain’t heard nothing but about you bein’ rich. I heard about it away down the river, too. That’s why I come. You git me that money tomorrow—I want it.” “I hain’t got no money.” “It’s a lie. Judge Thatcher’s got it. You git it. I want it.” “I hain’t got no money, I tell you. You ask Judge Thatcher; he’ll tell you the same.” This demonstrates that they were hiding information to not reveal what they have done and keep it all to try to become rich in an easy way for better status.

1. Mark Noonan

It’s interesting to bring up Tom Sawyer as you do, Raynal. It’s also clear — as the novel continues — that Huck is different than Tom. Rather then always playing games and acting foolishly, Huck will develop a conscience — and will learn how to take life seriously and “do the right thing.”

Please be sure, however, to post properly (for next week).

Here are directions:

GO TO “COMMENTS” ON THE TOP OF MY POST. SCROLL DOWN (past other student posts) TO THE TEXT BOX BELOW AND WRITE YOUR RESPONSE. BE SURE TO ALSO “PUBLISH.”