Sommelier Speak

Menu Item: Broiled Salmon with Béarnaise Sauce, Pommes Natures and Sautéed Zucchini.

Description: The salmon cut into filets so when broiled skin would become crispy and the other side would be very soft to almost melt in your mouth. Paired with potatoes and sautéed zucchini the salty and seasoned well squash. Accompanied by the béarnaise sauce gives the salmon the lemon flavor to complete the whole dish.

The three wines that would go with this dish would be Pinot Gri, Moscato and Riesling.

The Pinot Gri from Oregon would pair well with this salmon dish greatly. It has white peach and apple notes which would go great with the salmon. It is a light not too light or a really sweet wine. It’s just enough to compliment every aspect of the dish. The taste lingers but not in an overpowering way. The vintage is 2014 producer is Firesteed. It is a clean medium intense wine,, medium alcohol no herbal or spice notes. It lingered in taste afterwards that I believe could push the flavors of the dish out more. It has no oak notes as well as no earthy notes. This wine has a good body its balanced and the finish is good. To me I would enjoy this wine to be great with this type of salmon dish. The region is Willamette Valley, Umpqua Valley as well.

This entry was posted in Team 3, Jarnelle F. and Maria P.. Bookmark the permalink.