Student Blend Requisition

In preparation for blending a wine to pair with our menu item, Baked Fish Filet with Mushrooms and Tomatoes, my partner and I agreed that we would like to create a blend of white wines similar to that of the 2014 Conundrum “25th Anniversary” California White Blend that paired so well with the sautéed mushrooms and tomatoes. Although we don’t have quite as many base wines to work with, I believe what we have been given will offer us the opportunity to mimic the flavors and aromas noted in the Conundrum.

In order to do so, we agreed that we would like to create a blend with about 70% Chardonnay, 20% Sauvignon Blanc, and 10% Riesling. The neutral barrel, whole cluster fermentation of the Chardonnay will give the wine a light body with low intensity and hints of lemon and lime, while the Sauvignon Blanc will add notes of tropical aromas and some acidity with a lingering finish. Finally, a touch of Riesling will provide a necessary hint of sweetness with its aromas of apples and peach. The final product will pronounce the subtleties of the different flavors in the dish, and we predict it would be a hit among the guests of the Janet Lefler Dining Room.

This entry was posted in Team 1 Joshua B. and Alison M.. Bookmark the permalink.