Maureen Neuringer | COMD 3711 | Section D030

01 Discussion

Each week you will need to respond to a question posted. Your response should be a minimum of 150 words for both questions. You should also include at least one response to your fellow students. The responses are a requirement for participation part of your grade.

Question 01 –

When will you choose Adobe Illustrator ahead of the other Adobe Software? List three things you might create with Adobe illustrator.

1. Mercedes Alvarez

I choose to use adobe illustrator when I am making more illustrative-based work. Also when designing logos and asset marks using illustrator is important because it is a vector format rather than a raster such as photoshop. This means you can minimize or expand your design to any dimensions without losing quality. When using illustrator I create logos, asset marks, pattern designs, and more.

2. Daniah Saifan

I choose Adobe Illustrator ahead of the other Adobe software when designing vector-based graphics/illustrations. Adobe Illustrator is the best software to create both print and web graphics that can be exported and used without losing quality; designs are completely scalable. Compared to other Adobe software, Illustrator is easier to learn and use. I have created many things using Illustrator including posters, logos, illustrations, and icons. However, my favorite thing to do using illustrator is to modify/manipulate typography, I have complete control of creativity.

3. Freddy Romero

Hello all,
    I will choose Adobe Illustrator ahead of the other Adobe Software when it comes to designing versatile vector arts. It is a great application for vector drawings without losing its resolution or quality. As it has many tools to choose from to create and edit vector drawings. Indeed, I have lots to learn with the tools as of now and want to be more comfortable with Adobe Illustrator. Three things I would create with Adobe Illustrator are logos, business cards, mood boards, and more.

4. Freddy Romero

Hello all,

5. Alvaro Panozo

Hello everyone, I will use Adobe Illustrator ahead of other Adobe programs when I want to design shapes or figures. I feel like this program is very helpful when I design posters because the tools and workspace gives you enough room to make a ton of designs. Other things I like to do in Illustrator is making 3D shapes, although I’m not in expert at it, I like messing around with it and seeing what new shapes I can create.

• Aiah Kassim

Hi Alvaro, I totally agree with what you have said. Adobe Illustrator is very useful for making shapes and figures. I also enjoy playing with the 3D resources on Illustrator.

6. Aiah Kassim

I would choose Adobe Illustrator over other Adobe software when needing to create a logo or work with any sort of vector art. Illustrator is a great software to use when needing to make vector drawings. It allows you to manipulate your object in both 2D and 3D. Since It is a vector program, you can export your work as a vector and that will allow you to have high quality work that can be enlarged or shrunk without the loss of quality. Unlike raster softwares such as photoshop where the quality is decided and the projects are made up of pixels. I would create logo designs, packaging pattern designs, and illustrations. Illustrator is a magnificent software to use when needing to create any of those types of works. After learning how to use it, you can create endless different types of projects using just illustrator. That is a point that I wish to reach after this semester.

7. Franchesca Salas

I would choose adobe illustrator when I try to be more creative with the letters, or if I want to draw something out and my lines need to be stabilized, or to make social media posts. Im not sure how I got so comfortable using illustrator, I think it might because its more freeing? for my creativity. I haven’t done much work on illustrator other then classwork, I am making it a goal this semester to use it a lot, sine it is my favorite of all the other Adobe apps. I normally use a program called Figma which is similar to Adobe XD, most of the stuff I learned on my own is from that and I use the same shortcuts on Illustrator. I am actually looking forward to learning new keyboard shorts because I am very lazy and love shortcuts because I get impatient with slow processes very easily.

8. Maureen Neuringer

Hello guys, I will choose Adobe Illustrator ahead of the other Adobe Software when I think of convenient drawing editing tools and Adobe Illustrator tutorials can be overwhelming for us however once I get the hang of it, using the Adobe Illustrator workspace is easy and I will be able to create some great designs. Adobe Illustrator CC is one of the best vector editors out there, with advanced features and new tools that allow me to quickly create unique designs from my drawings. There are many resources available to help me learn how to use Adobe Illustrator. The things I can create with it are buttons, thank you notes, invitations and many more