Teaching Brand Creation

image by Balázs Kétyi

The other side of this internship is helping out with a club that is about podcasting and media. Helping young students create a brand around their creations is very important, following the task of creating a podcast episode about an event that happened in the school. I had to help the student make a YouTube channel so that could be their platform where they upload their work. They had already come up with a name for their podcast, the things that we had to figure out were their typeface and what type of vibe their podcast wanted to give off. So we went through many different typefaces, I let them know that every typeface sends out a different message to their target. This means that some typefaces may seem more joyful while others may give the feeling of sadness. We went through many options until they chose one and I myself also agreed that it was the perfect one. 

Throughout this process, I learned that in a way the students already knew about brands and what they meant. They knew that it was the face of their company/ organization. They kept saying that they wanted to appeal to people and that they wanted people to recognize their podcast whenever they saw that typeface. They were all very intrigued in the process of creating their logo as well, they said that the way that it came out was good, but that it can always improve which I do agree with.