First Project

image by Leuchtturm Entertainment

My first project was given to me right away and it was to film an interview of a student talking about an event that happened in the school and second was to record a mini podcast where students also discussed the event. This task was simple enough, I just needed to gather the students and get them ready to film, we had to create a list of questions so the interviewer was able to ask the students. This particular interview was hosted by another student who was part of the podcasting club that is run by me and another teacher. We had to get the camera ready and the mics set up and figure out where we wanted to film it. After we filmed it, it came out great and we proceeded with the podcast. As the students are used to podcasting, I led them to lead the podcast, however, I was the one asking the questions and monitoring the audio and volumes. This completed my first task and I was very proud of what we were able to produce.

This task was not very challenging, however I did learn that research is a big part of filming. I didn’t know a lot about the event because I was not present when it happened. So the team had to send me a doc with the details and I had to read through it and then figure out who I should interview and helped me create the questions that we were going to ask. Overall the project was fun and am looking forward to the next one.