Michael Cannetti | OL15 11310 | Summer 2021

Assignment 1

Logline: A girl lost her wallet in her room.

Outline: Yessica is shopping online. She reaches for her bag to get her card from her wallet and her heart drops when she can’t find it. She flips her room upside down trying to find it. At the end she finds it in another bag where she normally does not keep it in.

Logline: A girl getting sentimental over her dog.

Outline: Yessica scrolls past a sad video of a dog passing away and remembers her dog. A small montage of her dog plays in her head and she starts crying. After wiping her tears away she looks over to her side where her dog is laying and says “God I really have to stop doing this to myself.”

Logline: A teenage boy trying to win a game before having to go eat dinner with his family.

Outline: Bryan starts a new a game. Not even 5 minutes after starting, his mom calls him to come upstairs to eat. He repeatedly asks for 5 more minutes each time she calls him. Racing time to beat his game he loses and on the last call his mom gives him he slams his desk from frustration from losing his game and yells “I’M COMMING.”

1. Michael Cannetti

Hi Yessica,

First I think all of these stories are each very interesting. I think they are all definitely you can film in this class.

Story 1: Lost Wallet
    I think this story is probably the most fun and relatable story. You can film all of this in one location and use the room and the items in the room as a prop and a character. You can really show the panic and the chaos as it unfolds. I would suggest adding an element to the story. Maybe there is a timed sale of some sort of product and if she doesn’t order soon it will run out. That would really spark the story and showcase why the character is in a frenzy.

Story 2: Missing her Dog.
    This story broke my heart. It made me think of my dog from a few years ago. The challenge of this story is showcasing an arch. Where is the emotional journey for the character after she remembers the dog? Does she go to a pet store and consider getting a new dog or does she decide that no dog can replace her own? Where does one find videos online of dogs dying? That seems like a really sad google search. LOL. I like this idea but I think there is a different angle you can approach it.

Story 3: Video Game
    I think this could be really funny. It is sort of a race against the clock. Can Bryan beat the game before mom comes to his room and unplugs the system for dinner? There has to be a heightened conflict. Is mom going to take away his xbox if he doesn’t stop playing? Is he playing online against someone else? Is this some sort of special dinner? A birthday dinner? What raises the stakes in the story?

Great work!

Best.

Michael Cannetti

2. Faye Wang

Hi Yessica,

Finding wallet
    This is a very interesting one. I personally think you can film it start in a very clean room, and then with the movement of time, the room gradually becomes very messy, until a long time later can not find the wallet. And then, when she finally find it, it just stands under some thing where she always put her wallet at.

Memories with the dog
    Maybe film some dog’s toy or places and compare with the old video and use some piano sounds as background. This is a really sad story.

Playing Video game
    This idea reminds me of my childhood. Maybe a little bit of the process of getting this new game could be added as a set-up to show how much he loves and wants to continue playing the game.

I’m very curious about which topic you will be film with.
    Looking forward for it!

-Xiaofei Wang

3. Darren Le

Hi, thoughts on outline Video game
    I love watching this situation the most since it related to my older brother.
    This reminded me of how much I loved and wanted to continue playing games with him . What maximizes the risks in your story? What especial about their dinner? What would happen if his mom yells too much but he didn’t listen?
    Thank you for sharing!