Please add a comment to this post. Help yourself and your classmates complete the city drawings you are making. Ask questions you have about the process and design. Answer your colleagues’ questions, or make comments on the drawings you see in the City Drawings student posts.

Please be constructive! Simply saying “I like it,” or “I don’t like it” doesn’t really help anyone move forward, and besides, saying “I don’t like it” isn’t very nice. Think about what you’d like someone to say to you, and how you’d like them to say it. You might say something like, “I really like the variety of shapes and design of the page, but it looks like there’s more than one horizon line, and we can only have one horizon line.”

Here are some ideas about what you might discuss, but of course you can say so much more.

• What do you think about the design? How would you suggest making it stronger?
    • Does it seem cluttered or empty? Is the whole page included in the concept? For instance, if you cut off part of the sky or ground, does that make the image stronger or weaker? How about the relationship between positive and negative shapes?
    • How about the details and the number of details? Do details add visual variety or do they subtract from the focus?
  • What about perspective issues?
    • For instance, can you tell where the horizon line is, and how many horizon lines are there?
    • Depending on the drawing, are the one or two vanishing points located on the horizon line, and do all lines that go back into space go to the appropriate vanishing point?
    • Are features like windows and doors 3-dimensional. If not, how would you recommend making them so?