Journal Entry #2

My role in my internship with Brooklyn College is a graphic design intern, meaning I get to work by myself, or with other design interns to design various graphics for the college, such as branding, banners, logos, and more. Whether I work by myself or collaborate with other people is up to my supervisor, Isana Leshchinskaya, who is the assessment and accreditation specialist in the Office of Educational Research and Assessment under Institutional Effectiveness.

I found this internship from the COMD Internship Coordination Site in late 2021 while I was looking for Spring 2022 internships. There was no official form to sign up for the internship, so I had to email my cover letter, resume, and portfolio to Isana. A couple of days after I emailed her, she asked for an interview via Zoom, and I accepted. The interview was only with her, and she asked me various questions about the way I work instead of the usual interview questions, like my greatest strength or weakness. She asked if I work well by myself or in a group, and if I can take a leadership role if necessary. She then asked about what I like doing in the graphic design field, as well as my hobbies and what I’m interested in. During all of this, we both referenced my portfolio and she asked me about some of the work I included in it. About a week after my interview, Isana let me know that Brooklyn College would like to offer me a position, to which I swiftly accepted.

How I found out about this internship: Brooklyn College Seeking Multiple Spring 2022 Interns