RAB Proposal Paragraph – Moziah Ferguson

My research question is: Why is there a low voting turnout for the working class? This topic interests me because, for the upcoming presidential election I was wondering, “Will my dad vote?” I thought this because my father only really voted once and said that the act of voting is pretty useless, so I grew up thinking voting wasn’t so important. But now I’ve realized the importance of voting and how every vote does matter. I already know some of the reasons why working classes have a low voting turnout like not knowing about any elections or knowing where they take place. Or the difficulties that the working class has in trying to vote due to the history of voting. Some working-class people even think that going out and voting is useless. Some points that I plan to explore and find out more about are the history and segregation of voting. I also want to explore more about people not knowing when elections happen, other than the presidential election. I also want to explore more on the topic of why people not putting the effort into voting.

1 thought on “RAB Proposal Paragraph – Moziah Ferguson”

1. Hey Moziah,

Reading your question, I find your topic and your question very interesting. I would also like to know the answer to why certain voters aren’t voting. I love that you also plan to find out the history of voting and the “Segregation” of voting. I think it would also be to delve into and expand when you said: ” why people aren’t putting into the efforts.” I think there are many factors like people not caring to evident of avoiding important things we do as a society together like paying taxes. I think your question could expand just the working class like…”Why are voters not voting based on their economic status and race? What factors are keeping certain individuals away from placing their ballets”Hey Moziah,

I found your topic and question very interesting. I am also curious to know why certain voters are not voting. I appreciate that you plan to investigate the history of voting and the segregation of voting. It would be great to see you delve into and expand on your point about “why people aren’t putting in the effort.” There are many factors, like people not caring or avoiding important things we do as a society together, such as paying taxes. I think your question could be expanded beyond just the working class, for example, “Why are voters not voting based on their economic status and race? What factors are keeping certain individuals from casting their ballots?”

-Jermain L.