Mentors Quote

”You will never be anything”

A old teacher of mine had told me this in the 5th grade. I was a very average student at the time with a very rowdy friend group. But I always managed to get my work and homework done while they would mess around. My work wasn’t the best at the time but it was okay enough. Though, the teacher I had didn’t appreciate that. He always picked on me for the littlest and things and was very punctual with me and not other students. Until one day he finally snapped when my friends were being extremely rowdy one day. But for some odd reason he picked on me. His exact words were “ You and your friends come to class and make ruckus everyday you will never be anything acting like this”. At first i just brushed it off and continued to play around. But when i got home something came over me. His words started to linger in my mind like the way your mom reminds you to take out the garage for the day. I made it home and was stuck in an awkward slump. I decided this was not gonna get the best of me. From that day forward I put my all into my work and less into the kiddy games. I still managed to hang with my friends but work was my first priority. Ever since my 5th grade teacher told me that I been nothing but honor roll for the rest of my school years. Never ever let anyone try to paint a picture of you that you know shouldn’t be produced. Always stay to true yourself and prove haters wrong.

5 thoughts on “Mentors Quote”

1. ”You will never be anything”

A old teacher of mine [NAME] had told me this in the 5th grade. I was a very average student at the time with a very rowdy friend group. [Describe more what you and this friend group did that was rowdy. ] But I always managed to get my work and homework done while they would mess around. My work wasn’t the best at the time but it was okay enough. Though, the teacher I had didn’t appreciate that.

He [name] always picked on me for the littlest and things and was very punctual with me and not other students. [Give example of things he said] Until one day [GOOD place to create a scene with exact dialogue of this confrontation with Mr. Teachername] he finally snapped when my friends were being extremely rowdy one day. But for some odd reason he picked on me. His exact words were “ You and your friends come to class and make ruckus everyday you will never be anything acting like this”.  [SENTENCE ERROR!]

At first i just brushed it off and continued to play around. But when i got home something came over me. His words started to linger in my mind like the way your mom reminds you to take out the garage [garbage] for the day. [nice wording!] I made it home and was stuck in an awkward slump. I decided this was not gonna get the best of me.  WHAT thoughts were running in your mind? 

From that day forward I put my all into my work and less into the kiddy games. I still managed to hang with my friends but work was my first priority. [EVENT needed here – Create a scene here of school work as priority – Reach back into your mind for a best memory of school becoming a priority — Did you study hard for a social studies exam? – or some other school triumph that illustrates the transformation in you to a more serious student].

Ever since my 5th grade teacher told me that I been nothing but honor  roll for the rest of my school years.  [Other triumphs besides honor roll? A specific triumph in high school to show this was a long lasting transformation in you. Think of one or two events in your school journey that are victories, triumphs to SHOW the change in you]

Never ever let anyone try to paint a picture of you that you know shouldn’t be produced. Always stay to true yourself and prove haters wrong. Suggestion to make a connection to When I was Puerto Rican. Esmeralda does not let the principal’s words deter her. He sends her to the lowest 8th grade class, but she proves her ability. 

2. Good start but you need more events that will move this story forward.

WHAT is the focus of this story? I think it might be to prove these words from MR. TEACHER NAME wrong!

So what events show the steps you took to be a more serious student? SHOW the process of becoming a better student who cares about learning.