Success Tips – Iren Musaraj

TIP 1: Ask For Help

This tip speaks to me personally because I’m not really the type to ask for help even when I need it. Whenever I needed help with something or had trouble with an assignment I would always try to figure it out on my own because I was shy. I realized later on that it was okay to speak up and just ask for help when I needed it and didn’t understand a certain lesson in class. I will be using this tip in class by asking questions I have for something I may get confused about. Since questions exhibit equal parts understanding and curiosity, they are more significant than answers. Asking a question is akin to seeing both forward and backward: it involves making sense of something and what you already know about it, then imagining what else might exist or what others might know by extending outward in space and time.

TIP 2: Try New Things

This tip is significant to me because I always go by my way when it comes to how I study something and stick to it. In some cases it workes and in some cases it doesn’t and I need to learn to be more open to other ways of studying and doing things. I think I should try new things and find new ways of studying so I can see which works for which subject. I will be using this tip in class by finding new ways of studying and writing by maybe listening to music or getting more ideas for what to write by going out and walking around to clear my head. I want to be able to improve my study skills more and taking this tip and going with it will help me out. Trying new things can lead me to getting more skills accademically and learning more about the subject overtime too.