Writing Task Saved-Michael Morales

Something that saved me was attending a high school of architecture. When I was in middle school I had the choice to attend the high school that was connected to my middle school and stay close with all my friends that I had made in middle school or attend this architecture high school. I was never really good at much and I was never at the top of the class. I was always a mid-average student, but one thing I knew I wanted to do was architecture. Even when everyone around me was unsure what to do I always knew what I wanted to do even at a very young age. I was excited actually to study architecture but nervous to leave everything behind.

How it works is that there were three majors. Construction, engineering, and architecture. I was in architecture of course. We had architecture classes and for my first year, we talked about measurements and math. But in the second year that’s when it got interesting. We started to make models and express our creativity. For once I was good at something. Better than those other kids I dominated. My peers would come to me for advice, they would ask me for help making cuts for their models or suggestions for their floor plans, and the teacher would use my work as an example of what to do. I even came up with innovative techniques that the teacher would take note of and use for their other classes. My work would be put on display at school and seeing that I knew where I belonged.

4 thoughts on “Writing Task Saved-Michael Morales”

1. Hello Michel, I think choosing between comfort or something new is a really though decision to make, it can always go only two way either the best or the worst. I can see it was the best for you and this sound inspiration definitely having somewhere where you feel like you belong is such an impactful experience to which I relate. Can ask if you have the same sense of belonging here at City Tech?

2. I have a similar relatable experience to you in a way because, honestly, I wasn’t the best student. I was also pretty average. I tried being at the top of my class but wasn’t. It was devasting, to be honest, because seeing everyone. Being on top made me feel like I wasn’t going anywhere. I grew up liking tech, so since I knew what I wanted to grow up with, everyone wanted to choose for me. But I have to ask, what drew you to liking architecture as a kid? Was someone in your family also into architecture, or was it something you wanted? But I’m proud that you found something that saved you, and I hope you make it big one day.

3. Too much telling! You need to SHOW me with CSD and good scene.

SO can you create a scene here: For once I was good at something. Better than those other kids I dominated. My peers would come to me for advice, they would ask me for help making cuts for their models or suggestions for their floor plans, and the teacher would use my work as an example of what to do.

WHAT class was this? What was the project? SHOW me how you were sitting at your table and the others one by one coming to you…WHAT did they say? more CSD so I can SEE this as a scene in a theatre play!

A scene of the first time as a child or younger person when you saw a building and it captivated yoru interested? A scene of your first drawing that showed you you had talent or that sparked yoru passion for architecture?

You need an outline of specific events that will move your story forward.

What events will SHOW me a story of how Architecture high school [WHAT NAME? CSD needed] saved you? OR is the MI how ARCHITECTURE saved me?

THINK what is the main idea MI of my story? Then what scenes from my memory stand out and can help me to tell this story?

4. but one thing I knew I wanted to do was architecture. Even when everyone around me was unsure what to do I always knew what I wanted to do even at a very young age.

OK — but do not just tell me — SHOW me a scene that gives CSD concrete specific details — What was the event that made you know this? Was it climbing to the top of the EMpire State building? SOME EVENT that made you fascinated with Architecture…

THini about our readings and how the writers SHOW with scenes and CSD