Introduction — Raul

I am Raul Medina and I’m Dominican-American. As a kid I’ve always traveled back and forth from New York to the Dominican Republic. I grew up in a small place in D.R. as a kid. The place I grew up in is called Juan Bosh, which is a part of the capital. I loved the food and the language as well. I speak Spanish whenever I get the chance because I get tired of speaking English and I even want more Spanish friends because I feel like I relate to them more and it feels better.  

11 Best Hotels in Alma Rosa II, Santo Domingo

This is street I basically grew up on in the Dominican Republic

I even have a unique middle name, Valentine. I never really told anyone about it but my best friend because I trusted him but then one day my parents decided to tell my whole friend group. I didn’t feel embarrassed but I was genuinely surprised by it. I’m also into a lot of things like superheroes and anime. It’s something I grew up with as a kid and I could never seem to let them go. My favorite hero is The Flash. I was obsessed with it. I bought the ring and the T-shirt. It was something I could watch when I had a bad day that could cheer me up honestly.

2 thoughts on “Introduction — Raul”

1. I find it really interesting that you were able to travel back from New york to DR. What thing to you enjoy doing there? Were do you like it more? would you want to live in DR rather than New York if you can? Do find life in DR to be more relaxed than here?

2. It is really cool that you would travel back and forth from New York to Dominican Republic as a kid because before Covid me and my family would travel to Puerto Rico a lot, and even Dominican Republic. There’s a lot of really good people out there. Going to these places helped me not take things for granted because there’s a lot of kids in Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic who don’t have access to the same type of education as we do. Another similarity that we have is that “The flash” is also my favorite superhero and Tv series of all time.