Mentor Text Analysis of a / an _____________ — Your Name

Use these Questions to write your Mentor Text Analysis.  You are doing an analysis of its structure (NOT CONTENT).  Write ONE paragraph.

First tell me THE TITLE OF THE TEXT YOU ARE ANALYZING!

• How does the text HOOK the audience? INTRO.
  • Where does the text incorporate research? How does it use research? Does it quote outside sources, use statistics, use experts, refer to history?
  • How does the text incorporate storytelling (or narrative)?
  • What do you notice about how the text incorporates visuals (imagery, color, layout, subheads, or signs)?
  • If the text has audio, what do you notice about the text auditorily (music, background sounds, voice-over)?
  • How is this text structured?  Describe the organization or structure or parts?  THINK OUTLINE.
  • Length: How long is the text – words, pages, minutes?
  • Who is the primary audience? What makes you think this? (Consider language, music, visuals, content.)
  • How does the text come to an end? CLOSURE.
  • What do you think the creator’s message is?
  • What aspects will you emulate (look up the word) in your project? How will you do this?
  • What aspects will you avoid in your project? How will you do this?

1 thought on “Mentor Text Analysis of a / an _____________ — Your Name”

1. My name is Marc Jeune I am a freshman a City Tech the reason why I came to City Tech is because my high school had a partnership with City Tech mechanical department and if I had enlisted City Tech I would have gotten credit for the work I have done in highschool. As a young chi have I always been a person that liked to work with my hands, I guess the reason why is because my father is an engineer so I grew up watching him fix things with his hands and I grew up liking the experience because I would ask to help him and it felt really citifying learning how to screw items together then from me being a child it has never changed that I wanted to become an engineer as I get older this is why I am in the mechanical engineer major. 

A hobby that I have been interested in that always calms me down is lifting weights, going to the gym is a safe place for me knowing that I could improve mentally and physically, and if I fail a set there’s no rush because there’s always time to improve and no due date. The reason why I started going to the gym is that I always liked anything with fitness. But it all started when I younger 16 years I did gymnastics and I loved it. I was going to competitions and it got really serious when my parents let me go on a meet at West Point on a Friday during school hours. But then I stopped because of quartine, but once things started to open up the group from my gymnastics started to split apart. So then I thought about something similar to gymnastics and it sparked in my head a fitness gym. But even when I was going to the gym I didn’t have that spark to push me to know what I was doing at the gym. But I have an older brother that helped me with what I was doing and it made me motivated to head to the gym more because he trained me on how to do certain things correctly.