RAB Proposal Paragraph – Valon Suma

My research question is How is human activity affecting climate change? This topic interests me due to several reasons, it is the biggest cause for climate change. Also climate change is very important and can be a crucial factor of our everyday lives. With such a large population, it has led to mass production, and the industrialization of natural lands and forests. The world is ran off of fossil fuels, these fuels are burning so we can generate power, manufacture goods, and use transportation. If human activity continues on in such ways it will negatively alter our weather system. I know that global warming can lead to melting glaciers, rising sea levels, heatwaves, and storms. This will affect bodies of the world in drastic ways as communities suffer from these results of human activity on the climate and as time goes on the severity of the storms will increase. Some points that I plan to explore are the ways humans, corporation owners, and fabricators are working to help minimize this enduring issue that will eventually have to be faced. How detrimental are the effects on our food system? I would also like to know up until what point will it be irreversible and just constantly impact the world we live in.

Sources: https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-climate-report-says-human-activity-will-determine-pace-of-climate-change-1509749436 By Daniela Hernandez

https://www.nytimes.com/article/climate-change-global-warming-faq.html#link-4b4906cb By Veronica Penney

4 thoughts on “RAB Proposal Paragraph – Valon Suma”

1. Valon: Actually I think I should not steer you away from your original Research Question:

How is human activity affecting climate change? This might be fine. Your preliminary source search links look like you are on the right track and that you will find sources for that question, so you can stick to the original question. Let’s ask Prof. Almeida about if this is needs to be more narrowed down or if it is ok.

Can you revise your PROPOSAL to be following the template I showed you. You don’t really say why you are PERSONALLY interested in this topic. Look at the example I posted under Student Lisa.

2. YOU MUST Use this example paragraph starter as a template for your RAB Proposal:

My research question is: ______? This topic interests me because ___. (good solid explanation, should be personal – 3 more sentences) I already know that ______. (3 more sentences). Some points that I plan to explore and find out more about are _________ (3 points).

AGAIN SAYING — PLEASE revise this part of your proposal: What you have here needs to be PERSONAL reasons.

This topic interests me due to several reasons, it is the biggest cause for climate change. Also climate change is very important and can be a crucial factor of our everyday lives. With such a large population, it has led to mass production, and the industrialization of natural lands and forests. The world is ran off of fossil fuels, these fuels are burning so we can generate power, manufacture goods, and use transportation. If human activity continues on in such ways it will negatively alter our weather system.

What you have written goes more with 3 sentences for I ALREADY KNOW THAT —

AND after class today with Prof Almeida, are you revising the RQ to be more specific? Did you come up with a revised RQ?