RAB proposal paragraph-Jason Gorbenko- Updated

My research question is: “What were the historical events and circumstances that lead to the current Ukraine-Russia conflict?” This topic interests me because it is a complex geopolitical issue that has received significant attention in the media and international community. I believe that understanding the root of the conflict can reveal a solution. I like to see how international conflicts unfold. I have observed various perspectives and debates on the conflict and its impact on global politics. This is also my country and my people. From my existing knowledge, I already know that the conflict began from the aftermath of the cold war and the falling of the Soviet Union. Also, I know that in 2014 Russia annexed Crimea from Ukraine, and it has escalated into a protracted war between Ukrainian government forces and Russian-backed separatists in eastern Ukraine. The conflict has caused significant human suffering, displacement, and economic instability. There have been accusations of Russian aggression and interference in Ukrainian affairs, as well as allegations of human rights abuses committed by both sides. Some points that I plan to explore and find out more about are: The historical and cultural factors that contributed to the current conflict, including the legacy of Soviet-era policies and tensions between Ukraine and Russia. The role of international actors and institutions, such as NATO and the United Nations, in the conflict and potential avenues for resolution. The humanitarian impact from conflict, including the displacement of civilians, access to basic services such as healthcare and education, and the long-term economic consequences for the region.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/26/world/europe/ukraine-russia-tensions-timeline.html

6 thoughts on “RAB proposal paragraph-Jason Gorbenko- Updated”

1. recent news piece from NYT:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/24/world/europe/russia-ukraine-war-next-steps.html

A question on your RQ: What were the factors that led to the escalation of the Ukraine-Russia conflict? Are you asking only about a recent escalation in the war? But when I read your RAB points that you plan to explore 1,2,3– it seems your RQ is about finding out the background on why this war happened. So not just the recent escalation. Do you need to restate clearly your RQ?