ENG1101 EngComp SP2023 D025

active 13 hours, 29 minutes ago
ENG1101 EngComp SP2023 D025
This Course Profile is PRIVATE, but the Course Site is OPEN to all visitors.
English
ENG1101
Spring 2023

Every City Tech (and CUNY) student takes English 1101 Composition I, which features reading and writing assignments that will help prepare you for college and beyond. Together we will work on communicating effectively, building an argument, adapting your writing for different needs and situations, interpreting, and responding to a text, incorporating, and citing secondary source material. We will learn basic research techniques including library use. We will be reading pieces both for their inherent literary and informational value and as models for our own writing projects. Sharing your own ideas and experiences and adding your voice to our discussions will enrich our class community.
We will also dedicate time to strengthening fundamental reading and writing skills. We will focus on enhancing vocabulary and critical reading skills, using step-by-step approaches to writing assignments, improving grammar and punctuation skills, and cultivating positive habits for college success, including note-taking and study skills.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: L Wu

View the course(s) that this course is based on. This course has been cloned or re-cloned 1 time; view clone(s).

Reading Response to Malcolm X — Gilbert

Part A: Part B:  “I've never been one for inaction. Everything I've ever felt s […] See MoreReading Response to Malcolm X — Gilbert

Reading Response to Malcolm X - Valon

"I suppose it was inevitable that as my word base broadened, Icould for the first time pick up a […] See MoreReading Response to Malcolm X - Valon

Reading Response to Malcolm X - Edwin

Part A: Part B: Page 2 “I have often reflected upon the new vistas that reading o […] See MoreReading Response to Malcolm X - Edwin

Comment on "Reading Response to Malcolm X — Gilbert"

ok -- but look back at my example. in Announcements. You need to translate, so "I have never […] See MoreComment on "Reading Response to Malcolm X — Gilbert"

Comment on "Reading Response to Malcolm X – Valon"

Valon -- you made this HW too hard for your self. Go back to my example in the Announcements! See MoreComment on "Reading Response to Malcolm X – Valon"