Faculty Name | Section | Semester

Teaching a Task

In both poems, Keene and Bass use technical and descriptive language to give step-by-step instructions on how to do a specific task.

Think of something you know how to do extremely well. Teach me how to do it. Like the two poems, try to include as much detail in both imagery and language as possible.

1. kaylynn

How to do a braid.

Don’t overthink it or your fingers will trip up often.

3 strands, 2 hands, twisting and linking each strand to the next.

Continuing the pattern until you have reached the end of the hair.

You repeat this until no hair is left, there you have it… braids.

2. Malak

When drawing an eye, look for the details

when drawing an eye, look at the emotions

when drawing a eye, look at the different shades and colors.

draw the eye with love.

draw the eye with passion.

draw the eye with a clear imagine and representation.

when drawing an eye, transfer the picture in your head to the paper.

when drawing, let your imaginations come to life.

3. Sam Bazarov

Driving is not just a fun activity, that you play with pedals. Driving is skill that you will have to learn. You need to be focused, patient and have a lot nerves. You need to feel the car. You need to be really sensitive about the car noises because that’s how you understand what’s going on with your car. You turn on the car . You gently push the break pedal and switch the gear to D and start driving. And you have to drive nice and smooth if you want to have your car for a while. Avoid bad roads and go slow on the speed bumps.

4. asarii<3

how to do nails

doing nails is a art

when u apply the acrylic you dont use a heavy hand

doing nails is like painting

shaping the nail not to hard

doing nails take time

doing nail art takes patience

you don’t need to know how to draw

doing nail art are all shapes and outlines

5. Ali Simmons

I’m going to teach you how to build a pc first I’m going to list the items needed

• cpu
    • gpu
    • motherboard
    • a power supply
    • wires
    • ram
    • a pc case
    • ssd(ssd is needed) and/or hard drive
    • Windows key

First you start off by put the motherboard down on a flat surface. Then you take the cpu and put into the cpu socket which is usually on the top left of the motherboard. Depending on your motherboard you will have a cpu socket that takes little needles on the back of the cpu or little circles. Then put the cooling system on the cpu. Then you will take the ram and put the first one on the second slot then the other one on the 4th slot if you have more than 2 then use the same format but the other 1-2 can go wherever. The ram slots are usually on the top right. Then you want to install your ssd which is covered by a piece of the mother you need to unscrew then insert this is usually somewhere in the middle. After screw the cover piece back on if there is no heat sink you need to install it before putting the ssd in. Then install the gpu which is also in the middle. Then put the wires in the power supply and the motherboard. Then put everything in the pc cases. The last thing to do is to put in the fans needed to cool the pc.

6. Nadeen

Something that I know how to do extremely well is making an açaí smoothie. The first step to this is to get out a good blender with sharp blades, so it would be able to blend the frozen ingredients. Second step is to of course clean the blender very well with water. thirdly, you would take out all the ingredients you need to make the açaí smoothie, which is 2 açaí packets with 1 sweetened and 1 unsweetened, you would need frozen blueberries, either a half cup of soy or almond milk, and a ripe banana. I usually like to blend from most solid to least solid, so I would start off with the açaí packets, then the frozen blueberries, the banana and lastly the milk. You then get a clean cup and pour the smoothie in, and add a clean straw to the top of the lid.

7. andrew2005

Basketball is such a beautiful game played by many people. A game so basic yet so difficult. People assume the only point of the game is to just shoot a ball in the hoop and score, which is somewhat true, but there’s more to it. What happens if you have a defender in front of you and you can’t shoot the ball. What happens if you can’t find anyone to pass the ball to. What happens when you get nervous and think you won’t make the shot. What happens if you can’t play defense to stop your opponents from scoring. What happens if aren’t good at shooting from a far range. Basketball seems so simple yet difficult. It takes practice. Not everything will come easy. There are different skills you need to work on to become a better player. Similar to life. Everything takes practice to become better.

8. Jefferson Peña

How to kick a soccer ball

use a soccer ball

put the ball in a position where is not going to have no movement to kick it more easily

if you want to do a pass, kick it with the interior part of your foot

if you want to do a shot, kick with the front side of your foot

kick the ball in the equator of the ball to go on perfect direction because if you kick it under it would go over the goal.

9. Ife

To make Mac and cheese you’ll want to start with bringing an appropriately sized pot of water to a rolling boil before putting in your elbow noodles. Keep those in their until their boiled but still firm as you’ll want them to truly cook after that. Replace the water with like half as much milk, if you have cheese powder don’t be stingy with it, pepper or spinach or chives also add flavor. Keep it boiling while you add shredded cheese, like any shredded cheese and dong be stingy with that either. If you have bacon fry some of that up real fast and real brittle then break them into the mix after you bowl it. I feel like if you follow this you will have an edible product no matter what, like don’t be a snob it’s Mac and cheese.

10. Jaheim T

Descriptive language can be used to described a wide variety of things, ideas or even topics. One such topic that I can use to describe via the use of descriptive language can be “how one can possibly think of an idea to describe via a poem.”

Stop to think..

Think about yourself, you and your-self being. Stop to think what you do in your daily life. Stop to think, what makes you, your own independent individual. Find yourself, think of any topics or skills, or ideas that only you have. Really come around to think, what defines you. If you can learn to define yourself, you can stop to think.. this is, myself. This is what makes me unique, these are the skills that i possess, this is what i can do that uniquely makes “me”, me. This can be used to define you, you as in the unique ability and skills that you posses. Stop to think.. what makes this interesting? Take yourself.. brainstorm the ideas of the tasks required to complete your favorite tasks.

11. Madison

Something I know how to do very well is do my makeup. I love getting dressed up and doing my makeup to go out. Firstly, I always start off with eyebrows; I feel like good eyebrows is the foundation for a good face. I personally just fill in my eyebrows but for others who are lacking in that area they can create the perfect eyebrow of their choice. After, I brighten under with concealer and blend this out completely. Blending is very important in makeup because this is what makes it look as natural as possible. Once this is done I prime my face with primer, put on some foundation, blend it out, conceal under my eyes, cheekbones, nose, and forehead. Then contour this just brings back life into your face so you don’t look like a ghost. I contour the outer parts of my forehead, jawline, and nose. Blend this all together and add blush

12. Lichen Wu Wu

A brief way to clean your mechanical keyboard. First take off the keycaps and switches. Make sure you have a container filled with warm water and some dish soap. Put in your keycaps into this container and make sure they have been fully submerged for a few minutes. As for the switches you can run it with a small paint brush to get out any dust/particles For the main body you’re going to need Q-tips and rubbing alcohol. You’re going to clean the case with the Q-tip and alcohol and make sure it does not touch anything on the PCB. To clean the PCB you will need a compressed air duster and dust that out. When you’re done you can screw everything back together and additionally if you want, you can lube your switches for a less clicky sound.

13. J. Carlos

Vast and extensive is the world of algebra,

surrounded are numbers and letters

by radicals and exponents.

It might seem confusing, even complicated.

Math has branches as many as a tree:

arithmetic, geometry, calculus, algebra…

Some of them are easy and some of them are not,

but solving an equation. Is it complicated?

Solving an equation requires at least,

a mere modicum of concentration.

Determining the variable is something fundamental.

Finding just a letter. Is it complicated?

Work out polynomials, maintaining equality.

Balancing the equation needs intuition.

Accompanied are variables by coefficients.

Finding just a number. Is it complicated?

Simplified are now the polynomials,

then eliminate them using the opposite operation.

Having practiced this, you will see

that solving an equation is not that complicated.

14. Tyrell

How to build a Gaming PC

1) Gather all your parts and make sure they are compatible with each other and the case: 

Central Processing Unit(CPU), Graphics Processing Unit(GPU), MOTHERBOARD, Random-Access Memory(RAM), Power Supply Unit(PSU), Storage, Cooling System, Peripherals, Monitor/Monitors

2) Get All the tools you will need for the build. (Screwdrivers and USB)

3) Open every part of your PC’s case to prepare to install the parts

4) Take the motherboard out of its box and put it on top of the box to prevent damage.

5) Install your CPU be very careful not to touch the back of CPU or the pins on the motherboard. Make sure not to apply any force when installing gravity will do it or you may end up buying a new one

6) Install RAM and Storage if m.2 ssd

7) Install the Motherboard to the Case

8) Install the Cooling System. If AIO installs it to the case if the Air Cooler then installs it to the motherboard and then add fans to the case absolute minimum would be 2 recommended to have as much as possible

9) Install storage if not a m.2 SSD( Other SSD & Hard Drive) 

10) Install your PSU in the case

11) Connect the PSU cables and all others to where they need to be.

12) Make sure everything is connected right and then plug it in and flip the switch on the PSU turn on the PC to make sure everything that’s supposed to light up does.

13) Turn off and Clean up the Cables In the PC

14) Connect monitor and peripherals to PC

15) Then troubleshoot your pc

16) Download your OS (windows) from another device to usp.

17) Insert USB into PC and install OS make sure you have a key for it

18) Install all drivers and updates for your gaming PC

Now you done after 3-4 hours of work

15. Megan

the thing i do well is being a good person

its not hard you dont even have to try

be nice

listen to people, try a smile its not hard

help others if you can

16. Adil

The thing I do well is play soccer.

It can be difficult but see the field as a way of life.

Try to make it work for you

feel the ball and work to make it work for you

watch how players see the ball

Try not to fall

pick it right back up and work again

17. Yenny Jimenez

The preparation of any kind of makeup is a combination of your thoughts with art. And It’s a very complicated process that require a lot of time and creativity. The first thing you need to do in order to create a beautiful make up is to prepare your skin by hydrate it and then you can choose what part of you face you want start. But, In this case you will start by your eyebrows. Once you had choose it you can select your favorite product and tools to begin painting. After finished painting your eyebrows you will correct your eyebrows with the concealer and then you can apply your foundation with a wet beauty blender. Then you need to apply the concealer bellow your eyes and also you can apply it in other areas that you will like to highlight,  you are going to do this with a beauty  blender. Now you will apply your contour in your cheekbones and nose with the brush. We are almost done. This is the time for your eyes, this is the part in which you can be creative. You can select your favorite palette and apply more than one color if you want. following by your eyelash mascar. And finally apply your favorite dust in all the part that you already apply the concealer. Select your favorite lipstick and apply it in your lip. Now you are done.