Faculty Name | Section | Semester

Unit 3 Proposal

Write a proposal of at least 200 words outlining what you plan to do for Unit 3. This proposal should tell us: 

• A 1-2 sentence statement of what you want to teach your audience
  • The audience you are trying to reach
  • The genre you are planning to write in and why you chose it
  • A plan — how do you intend to get started?
  • Anything you might be worried about.  What are your concerns about finishing this project?

1. Jestine

I want to inform my audience about the harmful impacts of excessive social media use and provide practical ways to control it. My target audience is individuals who use social media, particularly pre-teens to adults. I am considering creating a Twitter thread or similar content to discuss this subject. However, I realize that it may be challenging to make the content both appealing and engaging to readers. To get started, I plan to analyze the research I conducted and highlight the most interesting factors so that people can learn actual data from this.

2. Chrystian Castro

The lesson that I want to teach to my audience is the importance of having a good and well-running public transportation system. I also want to teach them the importance of advocating for upgrades and renovations so we can make sure that we have a good public transportation system. The audience that I am trying to reach is those who take public transit daily to go to work, school, or anywhere else. The reason why these people are my targeted audience is because they are the people who see the chaos that happens daily on the MTA and they are well-known of the reoccurring issues that happen within the MTA. I feel that I am going to use an interview for the Unit 3 Assignment. I feel that an interview would help me gather other people’s opinions on the matter of the MTA and what they think about how the system runs. So far, my plan is to gather people who take the train daily, such as some of my family members, and ask them how is their commute, what is their plan for when they run into an issue, what they think about the delays and issues, along with many more questions. After asking those questions, I am going to show them how we can advocate for change and all of the benefits that it would bring to the MTA and more importantly those who take public transportation. What I am worried about is finding people because I am worried that I will not be able to find enough people for this assignment.

3. Jordon

I want to teach my audience how vast the issue of changing the DMCA is because of how large of an issue copyright is in today’s world.

The audience I would be trying to reach would probably be lawyers or government officials, mainly those in the Senate.

I still want to do a Ted Talk, but maybe a Twitter post could also work in this case.

I intend to get started by finishing my research paper first. But apart from that, I’ll learn how TED Talks are presented and understand how they work. If I end up doing a Twitter post, I could figure out how to frame the tweets easily.

4. Sydney burford

The information that I am trying to teach my audience is about the disparity and inequity’s that exist in the healthcare system. I want the audience to learn why they exist and what affects they have. My target audience for this information are people that work in the healthcare industry that are on the front line when it comes to situations like this. Another target audience will be people in positions that have the ability to change the situation. The genre that I choose to write is infographic, this is because the research that I collected consists of a lot of statistics and graphs, and a infographic is easy to read and a simple way to get the information across. The plan that I have is to outline the information that I want to share and what order I want to present it in. My biggest concern is that some of the information might be repetitive.

5. abdou guidi

I want to teach my audience about the potential risks and consequences of personal information being put on the dark web. 

The audience I am trying to reach is anyone who uses the internet and may be unaware of the dangers of their personal information being exposed on the dark web. 

I plan to write in the genre of an informative research paper, as it allows me to present factual information and provide evidence to support my claims. 

To get started, I will conduct thorough research on the topic, gathering information from credible sources such as academic journals, news articles, and expert opinions. I will then organize my findings and develop a clear and logical structure for my paper. 

One concern I have about finishing this project is the availability of up to date and reliable sources on the topic. The dark web is constantly evolving, and it may be challenging to find recent information and statistics. However, I will make sure to use reputable sources and cross reference information to ensure accuracy.

6. Nattali Calle

I am not sure yet what I want to write about but it would probably have to be something related to ego lifting or maybe a gym subject as it is my hobby . The audience I will be trying to reach is young adults who are also trying to get into lifting and encourage them to start and be careful on how they lift since it has caused many death in the past . A lot of professionals have actually died from lifting too heavy or having a bad form . My only concern will be finding articles regarding lifting since publishers don’t really focus on that and I would get most of the news from tiktok or Instagram

7. Madison Hughes

The impact of voting and how it can help represent underrepresented communities in our neighborhoods. My target audience can range from all ages specifically younger ages because younger people tend to not want to get involved in government politics.

The genre I plan to write it in is a poem because I think it would grab the reader’s attention more.

Something I’m worried about is not being able to express it properly

8. hilary

I want to teach my audience that tik tok can be something positive and something negative positive in a way that’s it’s informative and entertaining but at the same time it’s not good because developing kids maybe see themselves as less because of the fairness there is on that app. Not only the self esteem may lower but the way their brain works their time span may become short because of the short videos. The audience I’m trying to reach is both parents and kids, kids because they can realize that they are spending to much time on the app and that it’s taking over knowing that they have homework due or the fact they can spend time with family. But parents as well because they can see the affect tik tok ha on their kids and knowing that tik tok is very popular it can so explicit things and the fact that they choose tik tok over other important things. The parents can try to limit the phone usage if they’re young to make it a habit to not use the phone as much. The genre I want to do is an interview because I really want to see how kids feel about tik tok and the usual usage of it, I’m expecting them to say tik tok is great and they love it but in the interview you can see if the parents like tik tok or not and u can see if the kids like tik tok or not.

9. Jason P

While I don’t have an audience I want to directly target, I think the audience that would see it the most would be people that are already part of VTuber communities and maybe find the history interesting. I am probably going to plan on doing an infographic since it sounds easy and it is mostly just displaying information that I’ve learned. I’m likely going to start by looking at one of my sources that already has a lot of graphic displays of data and try to learn things about how they chose to display their information. Something I am maybe worried about is the results of the graphics that I can make. The only thing I know how to make is just some graph or data given by google sheets. I don’t know much about graphic design and I’m worried my graphics will just be bad and unreadable.

10. Amber Pena

I want to teach my audience that you can be successful by going to college and not going to college. The audience I will be targeting is mainly high schoolers and teens since they’re trying to figure out their life after high school. I want to interview people who did both options and compare the statistics I gained from their stories and experiences. I plan on doing my research by reading articles that talk about this subject and videos. My concern is if I’m not able to accurately prove my point.

11. Yaquelin Morales

The lesson I want my audience to receive based on my topic is that there is moments where parents think they are doing what’s best for their child without realizing they are effecting them in a negative way. As well as children come to the realization on why parents at times act the way they do because of their experienced when they were a child. The audience I am trying to reach is both parents and children’s to give them a better understanding on children education. I am picking interview since it gives me the opportunity to interview see different opinions on how parents think is best for their children and how these children are being affected by getting their point of view. I intend to get started by interviewing people in my house since it could be a quicker way to get answer to start off and maybe from than get other people opinions in a household that I don’t see a day to day bases. My concerns about finish this project is making sure I ask the right questions in order to complete this assignment and not finishing it on time.

12. Trever Persaud

My research question is, “How has technology impacted society?”. Some things I want to teach my audience are the benefits of technology as well as the dangers and downsides. The audience I am trying to reach are people who use technology in their everyday lives because my research would interest them since they are tech-savvy. The genre I chose to write is a TED Talk script. I chose this genre because I feel this is an excellent way to convey my ideas. I plan on getting started by watching multiple TED talks to get an idea of what my TED talk script should look like.

13. abdou guidi

I aim to educate my audience on the multifaceted aspects of mental health, fostering understanding, empathy, and promoting destigmatization. My target audience consists of young adults aged 18-25, acknowledging the specific challenges and opportunities for positive impact within this demographic.

The chosen genre for this educational initiative is an informative podcast series. Podcasts offer an intimate and accessible platform for in-depth discussions, expert insights, and personal narratives, providing a nuanced exploration of mental health. To kickstart the project, I plan to outline the podcast’s structure, define key themes, and identify potential guest speakers or experts. Rigorous research into current mental health trends and diverse perspectives will serve as the foundation for creating compelling and informative content.

I harbor concerns about maintaining the accuracy and sensitivity of the information shared, given the delicacy of the subject. Additionally, sustaining audience engagement over the course of the podcast series while striking a balance between informative content and relatable storytelling poses a creative challenge that I am conscientiously addressing throughout the project.