Faculty Name | Section | Semester

Responsible Research

As we look forward to Unit 3, you will be taking the research done in Unit 2 and translating it into a different genre (a song, a poem, a podcast, an interview, etc.).

In that translation, what responsibility would Langston Hughes say we have to the original material of our research? What responsibility do you, as a researcher and writer, feel you have to your sources?

1. Jestine

As a researcher and writer, it is my responsibility to present accurate information without adding any false details to the original material. Langston Hughes emphasized the same principle, that we must be direct and state the facts when using sources for our research and writings.

2. Chrystian Castro

The responsibility that Langston Hughes would say is that we have to the original material of our research to make sure that the facts that we are putting into our research are coming form sources that we know we can trust and that are factual. The responsibility that we have when it comes to us being researchers is to make sure that we are saying the proper information to our audience and to make sure that we are using the appropriate sources that are not opinionated or false information.

3. Nattali Calle

As responsibility that I have as a writer is to make sure we are positive and acknowledging the information we are giving to the reader . We should be able to let the reader have an idea or a picture about what we are talking about and trying to describe. When I am ready a book when the writer adds details about the book and what they are talking about I seem to find the book more interesting and I find myself getting more absorbed into the story . I have had situations as well in which the writer doesn’t seem to get my attention and I would end up not completing the story.

4. Julia

That we aren’t giving out false information or using information from other sources that can be false when researching for our topics. To also make sure that we are being real, honest, and authentic when talking about this topic. So that way other people who read your research paper won’t take certain things the wrong way when trying to understand what you’ve wrote. 

5. Jordon

Langston Hughes would say that we have to determine the right way of using our source.

As a researcher and writer, I have the responsibility to convey how the author of the source wanted the information to be spread or analyzed. As the researcher, I interpret the source for whoever reads my paper. This puts me in charge of telling the reader what the source author was trying to convey.

6. Amber pena

they would say to tell the truth and not sugarcoat or keep out any details of the whole story. I feel like if I’m going to write something using facts and evidence then I need to have the whole truth and not just one side of a situation.

7. Jason P

Langston Hughes would say that we gave a responsibility to convey the facts from our sources as clearly and accurately as possible. The responsibility as a researcher is to make sure that the sources that we are using are also reliable to not spread misinformation. Dramatization of facts may lead to the facts to not be taken seriously, or misinformation could lead to readers leaving with the wrong conclusion.

8. Trever Persaud

As a researcher, I have the responsibility to make sure that my sources are accurate and correct so that the information I am providing to the reader isn’t misleading or incorrect.

9. Yaquelin Morales

Hughes would say that we are sharing information from a sources that is reliable in order to not share false information.

As a researcher, I have the responsibility to share the right information and to be specific on the five w’s in order to help my reader understand what my overall point is.

10. Sydney burford

The responsibility of a writer and researcher to the original material is to deliver the facts accurately and reframe from using personal bias in your writing.

11. abdou guidi

Both as a researcher and writer, it is important to uphold the responsibility of presenting accurate information without adding false details. This principle is echoed by Langston Hughes, who emphasized the need to be direct and state the facts when using sources for research and writing. As researchers, our responsibility lies in ensuring that the facts we include in our work come from trustworthy and factual sources. We have a duty to our audience to provide proper information and use sources that are not opinionated or based on false information. As writers, our responsibility extends to engaging and captivating the reader by providing descriptive details that allow them to form a clear picture of the subject matter. By fulfilling these responsibilities, we can maintain the reader’s interest and effectively convey the intended message.

12. abdou guidi

Langston Hughes might emphasize the responsibility of authenticity and preserving the essence of the original material. He might advocate for maintaining the integrity of the researched content while adapting it to a new genre, ensuring that the core message and nuances are faithfully conveyed.

As a researcher and writer, my responsibility to sources involves accurate representation and ethical use of information. It’s essential to respect the intellectual property of the original material, giving proper credit through citations and avoiding distortion of facts. While transforming research into a different genre, my duty is to uphold the integrity of the information, keeping it true to the context and intent of the source material. This ensures a responsible and ethical approach to knowledge dissemination, fostering trust and credibility in the process.