Faculty Name | Section | Semester

Drafting

Think about how you approach writing assignments and write a paragraph describing this approach; for example, do you write several drafts? wait until the last minute? proofread carefully? Give honest details! Then, add what you would like to change or improve about your writing process.

1. Amber Pena

I usually start out strong with a good hook and introduction but as I get into my body paragraphs I tend to find it difficult on what to add. So I either lose interest or blabber and don’t make any sense, just to get it over with. I find procrastinating helps, I am lazy but I wouldn’t get a 0. I want to actually use the planning tools teachers tried teaching me to use to help organize my details so when I’m writing I’m not lost. I also want to improve on any feedback I get instead of ignoring it. As well as asking others for advice and proofreading many times.

2. kadija

When writing a paragraph i focus on key points to make sure the reader understands the plot of the story. I make sure to use proper diction to illustrate a narrative.I tend to stray off topic and focus on minor details that aren’t significant.Additionally,I tend to over explain a topic and begin to get repetitive.I make an effort to proofread my work and have my peers proofreads my essays as well.In the future i would like to work on keeping readers more engaged with my writing.

3. hilary

How I approach writings is, first I brainstorm some ideas I would like to include in my writing, then I write it as notes then I start to write and whatever I feel don’t fit I try to rephrase it or just add something different. Once I’m done writing I ask for a second opinion to see what I can improve on while still keeping my idea. I’ll ask someone else to read over it, and give their thoughts, I would then take into consideration and edit my writing. But I do wait til the last minute, I tend to procrastinate a lot but at the same time I feel like I work better and have more ideas last minute than if I was to do it in advance. But I do want to work on the time, I don’t like feeling rush and doing it last minute doesn’t give me time to think, and reread to see if what I wrote is the best it could be.

4. Kassia Ariana Edwards

How I approach a writing assignment and paragraph is I proofread carefully then I start writing, but before I start writing I like to gather my thoughts together and make sure it makes sense. Even when I start my approach on a paragraph and research assignment I write along and correct myself as I go along. I personally think / prefer that’s the best way to do it. It just makes sense to me. One thing I can improve or change about my writing is to stay on task and think clearly and also have a clear mind before i even start to write about the topic that I’ve been working on.

5. Jason P

For writing assignments, the first draft that I write IS my final and completed work. Once I write my last sentence, I turn it in without thinking about it for more than a second. I no longer want anything to do with that paper. However, thats if I even manage to spit out a paper thats longer than a paragraph. By the time I’m finished with the first paragraph, I’m out of ideas. If I had to say what I wanted to change, I would maybe want to change my inability to write more than a paragraph more than half the time I need to do a writing assignment.

6. Chrystian Castro

Whenever I am giving a writing assignment, my approach to the assignment is to re-read the prompt that is being asked to make sure that I am understanding what is being asked and to make sure I am writing the correct information. Then I would either take two paths that would affect the way that I am writing my assignment. The first path would be that I would just understand the question but don’t do anything in order to keep the assignment going to make sure that I am consistent with it and instead I would wait to the due date to complete it and it would end up being a mess. The other path would be that I actually take the time to draft out the information that I am going to put into the writing assignment and the writing would actually flow better. I would like to get rid of the first path that I would usually take when it comes to writing because it would always end up having a bad effect on me considering that I have to rush to meet the deadline, especially when I haven’t written anything on the assignment.

7. Nattali Calle

Before I start writing an essay I tend to type it out on my phone and just type as I go without checking the words I use or my punctuation Whatever I am thinking about and the thoughts that are flooding in my mind I just type and at the end I double check and revise what I need to . I switch words around to make it sound better and change my spellings . I reread my essay in the end before submitting it and I read it out loud so if I make any mistakes and I don’t make sense I can catch it on the right time before clicking submit

8. yousefa05

A lot of the work I did in high school was mostly last second. I didn’t turn in essays or any assignments till the day of. This was a bad habit and I realize that but some of my best work was last second. This is because when I do work the day of I get an adrenaline rush and I would type faster than I ever would and I would be more efficient with my writing and it wouldn’t always be a good grade but anything is better than a zero. Obviously something I would want to improve on is my time management and not procrastinating as much, but other than that I would like to try and improve on my detail in my writing. I realized with the little exercise we did with those couple of questions my detail in my writing needs and improvement because some of those questions are things I’ve never thought of

9. Jestine

I like to write several drafts, the first of which I simply write. I do not make any changes or edit anything; it is more about getting all of my thoughts down on paper. When I feel like I have captured all of my thoughts, I go over them again and delete anything that does not belong or makes no sense. It also helps me to reread. I tend to slack off or finish weakly compared to the beginning, I would like to improve this.

10. Jordon

When I do writing assignments, I usually just do one draft and then keep revising it until I feel okay about it, usually I’ll run out of time for the assignment before being able to revise the draft more than twice. When I submit the final draft, I might read it, I might not, it depends entirely on how much I enjoyed the assignment itself, and whether or not I care about getting my point across. If I do not care about getting my point across, I’d probably just skim through it before submitting it.

I would like to change everything I mentioned in the previous paragraph. I want to improve my writing by revising my drafts more, making several drafts, and proofreading it better.

11. Justin

You should write an outline or a planner when first starting a draft. You should also write many different drafts. You should not wait until the minute that way you have time to revise. What I should do later on in my writing process is make sure I proof read my work and switch out words with more profound words.

12. Akash Jungney

Whenever I write assignments, I first like to write right away and immediately think back on what I saw, read, or did. Eventually I desrcibe from the beginning to the end on what happened, usually writing the extensive details on what happened. Most of the last minute writings is where I excel at, getting every detail or gist that I’m already aware of to put on paper, where I’m willing to risk it all without proofreading my work. Usually I’ll write a paragraph by winging it before letting others or my peers judge my work where i’ll eventually start working on what needs more work.

13. Julia

Whenever I’m writing an assignment for a class, I would write out a rough draft of what I would want to say and talk about. Once I’m done, I would go back in and proofread it carefully. Making sure that once I get an idea of how I want things to look & flow in my paragraphs. I would then make sure to go back in & fix anything that I’ve might’ve messed up on or I feel like I need to fix by either taking away details or adding more details to a paragraph or a sentence. Even changing out certain words or phrases to make it sound more interesting for the reader to read.

14. Alexander Hernandez Cruz

What I’m going to do is create a quick draft with the first thing that comes to mind. After this I am going to discard the ideas that I don’t like or those that are very difficult to explain. Then I am going to complete the ideas and transform them into complete and separate paragraphs. With the paragraphs created, that will be my draft and I am going to complete it on one new page, merging all the ideas in an orderly manner and discarding what I wrote and not following the idea that I have in my head.

15. Yaquelin Morales

whenever I’m writing an assignment I usually end up doing it last minute since I could write the introduction but if I lose my momentum I restart it all over again since I end up not understanding my own writing. I also feel like when it is last minute I am more determined to finish it since I can easily get distracted. This is a bad habit so I may do it ahead of time so that when I submit my draft I don’t realize the errors I made and focus on improving my writing.

16. Trever Persaud

When I’m working on writing assignments I prefer to write several drafts so that I can make sure that the final draft is perfect. The first draft is where I get all of my details about the topic together. The second draft, Is where I organize all the details and add anything that I missed. The third draft is where I edit certain paragraphs and make sure the grammar and punctuation are correct for my final draft.

17. Sydney burford

My wrist process can be described as chaotic I have a habit of second guessing what I’ve written which causes me to rewrite the same sections over multiple times instead of moving on. Another way that my writing process is chaotic is that I will wait till the last minute to begin writing. Although this is not the smartest decision to make I’ve noticed that I write better when I’m under pressure and have an assignment to turn in.

18. Sydney burford

My writing process can be described as chaotic I have a habit of second guessing what I’ve written which causes me to rewrite the same sections over multiple times instead of moving on. Another way that my writing process is chaotic is that I will wait till the last minute to begin writing. Although this is not the smartest decision to make I’ve noticed that I write better when I’m under pressure and have an assignment to turn in.

19. abdou guidi

When approaching a writing assignment, my methodology revolves around a systematic analysis of the provided prompt. I prioritize a comprehensive understanding of the requirements to ensure the accuracy and relevance of my response. Subsequently, I adopt one of two approaches that significantly impact the quality of my work. The first approach involves a mere comprehension of the question without immediate action, relying on the notion of maintaining consistency throughout the assignment. Unfortunately, this approach often results in substandard outcomes, as it involves procrastination until the due date, leading to a hasty and disorganized final product. Conversely, the second approach entails investing time in carefully drafting the key points and information to be incorporated into the assignment. This proactive approach facilitates a smoother writing process, fostering coherence and logical flow within the assignment. It is imperative for me to eliminate the tendency to opt for the first approach, as it consistently yields unfavorable consequences. The rushed nature of completing assignments under time pressure ultimately compromises the quality of my work. Thus, I aim to refine my writing process by actively avoiding procrastination and adhering to a more structured and proactive approach to ensure optimal outcomes for future assignments.