How to clean vinyl records with wood glue

So this is  a short how to video showing you the best way to clean your vinyl records. If you buy or collect record albums like me you know that they are very prone to dust and dirt and have to be cleaned regularly to maintain the sound quality and to  keep them from damage.  Using wood glue is  trick that is used a lot by record store employees to really get dirt deep in the grooves. In the video he tells us the best type of glue that will work for this because you have to be able to peel off the glue later. He demonstrates how to apply the glue on the record and offers some tips on how to peel it off and to clean up any residue it might leave behind.  It was  a very  insightful video for me because I have some dirty records that are starting to sound really bad, a lot of static and skipping, but I didn’t want to clean them with water and soap because I know tap water leaves a lot of minerals behind that can mess up the sound quality even more. He didn’t mention it in the video, and he should have, but usually people use water and soap, a cloth or a brush to clean their records that can lead to further damaging a record if you do it incorrectly.

Like A Bioré® Strip For Vinyl…

Just a bonus video. This one is really entertaining because he actually plays the wood glue that he peels off.