The noisiest “How To” ever!!!!

About two semesters ago I took a class in Effective Speaking. One of our projects was to give a demonstrative speech. This speech had to be completed in five minutes leaving you time for a questions and answers segment following immediately after. After a considerable time I came up with the idea to do a “how to” on balloon animals. After all it was second nature to me and I had done it for years in a past life. So I acquired all the suppliesĀ IĀ would need to make this both effective and enjoyable to my fellow classmates.

So along came the day and yes it was my turn to present. Now be mindful that I included class participation by supplying everyone with balloons for this venture professor and all.Ā I started my presentation describing the materials to be used the 260Q balloons theballoon handĀ pump and so on. Then it was time to begin. After demonstrating how to blow and tie one up. We proceeded to twisting and tying it into or creating a dog. I never anticipated the noise associated with having 20 participants twist and tie balloons along with me. SoĀ I had to improvise by shouting to the top of my voice. This noise attracted people from the corridors and other classrooms as well. It was chaos. I did however get my message across from inflating to twisting to sculpting. TheĀ Professor declared itĀ to be the most rambunctious presentation sheĀ has ever had. TheĀ Q and A that followed was overwhelming involving total class participation. In my handoutĀ I included an instructional video from YouTube byĀ Malik Haddadi a local balloon artist he starts his presentation very focused but soon assumes the audience is somewhat savvy to his thoughts and begins to leave out important steps. You be the judge. And if you take thatĀ “EffectiveĀ Speaking” class remember never do balloons…….https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJJQ42fvpaY

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.