The scoop on social media

Is it just me , or has it occured to you that our existence is being constantly monitered an measured so covertly that we are non the wiser? We are constantly bombarded by terms like “most popular, most read, most reviewed, most watched, top chioce , least requested.” to name a few. When did all these facts become so important? Well my friends apparently they have . So important that they fuel an industry that is the culture of Social Media. Big business has found such an incredible way to program us into sheep and we dont even realize it. As we follow and trust their recomendations daily .Whatever happened to our gut feelings, instinct handed down to us for a millennia? We eat , buy and vaction based on ratings. Did this play a vital part in our transition from the caves to present day? I dont think so.

Social Media has now become as important to us as each breath of air . So many daily interactions depend on it. Some people practically live on facebook. Rob themselves of valuable sleep nightly posting opinions , playing games and making their entire existence available to their friends. I have a friend who has over five thousand photos posted , that is just gross. We cant buy anything without visiting a consumer report based site to see the product ratings .Gone are the days when we saw something like a car, fell in love with it and bought it . Now we say” I want a Toyota or Lexus because they have been rated the best in overall reliability and safety .” Unwilling to leave anything up to fate. Almost every transaction done on the web today has a ratings survey for you to fill out. How was our service? Write a review on the product. My friends these features have a bias towards the propagation of the market . It is in no way beneficial to you. Even dating has become so organized no more love at first sight. Are we truly honest in making up our profiles or do we cheat a little trying to look like angels.  In light of all this can you truly trust social media?….

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.