primary and secondary sources

Reading from our textbook, the section on primary and secondary source caught my attention. I was hoping that the author William Badke would elaborate further on how to distinguish a source of writing as a primary or a secondary. I feel that a lot of website know how to present themselves and do so but as a primary when really they aren’t. I feel websites know that if they present themselves as primary they have much more credibility. they also know that presentation is key and no one is really going to check the fine print on a regular basis to see if they are legit primary or secondary source. I would have liked Badke to devote a whole chapter or multiple sections in a chapter to distinguishing between the two more readily because unless you’re researching for a paper on a topic, no one really pays attention to sources. They just want the material and assume its reliable, not until they write bibliographies for their sources that they will analyze more closely the fine print and credits.

This entry was posted in Assignments, Readings. Bookmark the permalink.