On Collaboration

For the most part, I’ve been working individually during this internship. I know that working in teams can be beneficial, but personally I enjoy being able to get my tasks done on my own. It is still a collaborative effort, in the sense that everyone involved is working on 2 videos each, in order to collectively produce 13 videos by the end of the summer semester. 

Teamwork comes in more when creating the final voice overs. I need to make sure the outline and scripts i produce are clear, correct, and that all information correlates with what’s on the video. It’s important that I do my part correctly so that when my coworker creates the voice over, they can also do it right. If i make a mistake at that stage of the process it will definitely reflect in their work, and we may have to re-do things with a short amount of time on our hands.

Photo by Anna Shvets

And of course, most of the collaboration comes from working with my supervisor when it’s time to edit the outline. We both have access to work on and make changes to the outline and scripts. We meet often during the research phase of the process to discuss the inputted information, come up with clearer ways to express a statement, give suggestions, talk about revisions, meet with clients, and simply bounce different ideas of each other in order to come up with the necessary solutions. When I get to building and editing the project files, I do that on my own.