Service

Service Philosophy: Influence. Lead. Change.

If I am to provide service I will do so as a leader influencing change and growth. 

Service Action Plan: Choose wisely. Plan collaboratively. Act collegially.

Highlights of Achievements in Service Practice:

Acknowledgement for my contributions in service to the department, college and university are found through leadership appointments and, notably, in my nomination by City Tech’s administration to be recognized by Chancellor Milliken in April 2017 for my service to the college. My nomination was earned based on the factors identified in this section.

My service to the department and the college aligns well with written goals and targets of the department and college, especially in view of the Middle States reaccreditation.  My sustained leadership as the Hospitality Management department’s advisement liaison, sommelier, scholarship committee co-chair, orientation leader, and more. Through leadership roles in a variety of key college-wide initiatives, including Co-director of the Living Lab General Education Seminars from 2010-2018, steering committee member of the First Year Experience Committee since 2014, faculty co-coordinator of the First-year Learning Communities program since 2016, and most recently, as a steering committee member of CUNY Academic Momentum at City Tech.

Regarding service to the community, I strive to connect two communities I am deeply involved with; our students and professionals in the hospitality industry. As a board member of Les Dames d’ Escoffier, New York chapter, the leading international organization of women leaders in food, fine beverage and hospitality, I have built relationships with many of the finest professionals steering the hospitality industry. I create meaningful networking opportunities that connect hospitality professionals searching for new talent with students trying to launch their careers. Bringing these two communities together provide countless opportunity.

With a mix of attention to the goals of the department, college and university along with the desire to take on leadership roles, my teaching, scholarship, and service have become significantly more dynamic and effective over time. Looking towards the future, I plan to continue my work with first-year students, both in the classroom and across the college. My scholarship of teaching and learning will explore more deeply my work with first-year students and the role of beverage education in hospitality management. I will continue to seek and lead change.

Then use the sub-section pages to provide details about contributions to your: