A Day In E-Commerce.

What I’m learning mainly about the music industry is this: nothing is consistent! Yes, there are things I do regularly but there are many things that just pop up due to the artist preference. On paper, my title is this:

In terms of day to day responsibilities, the intern will help us oversee artist webstores including creating store content (product images and descriptions), coordinating product sample photography, sales tracking and reporting, managing user-generated content through our UGC moderation platform, creating email blasts and social copy for label and artist social media, helping manage promo asset production, and brainstorming ideas for new products and promotional campaigns.

So far most of these things I have gotten a chance to learn and experience, but most things I believe will pop up when they are needed.

One of the most consistent things I do is write copy for artist webstores. One thing I learned quickly was that it is very important to be as descriptive as possible in regards to describing an article of clothing online for a few reasons. One reason is to ensure that a customer isn’t allergic to any material in the item. Another important reason is that the description can aid someone who is visually impaired. The descriptive copy can help them when online, their devices can read the descriptions out loud.

In addition to that, I also send out daily updates to the E-Commerce Marketing team to inform them of what’s new in E-Commerce. Mainly look for articles that incorporate artist merch, the connection between social media and e-commerce and fashion trends. Every now and then I see something and come up with ways it can apply to the artist we create merch for.