Journal Entry 9 ( Asana testing experince)

During the pandemic, remote work has become more common and our new normal. Now you work from home, create your set up, sign to whatever software is being used for your work, and coordinate with those around in remote locations through this software. The same goes for me during my internship at Get Em Tiger. When I was brought on board, my internship would be fully remote. I would be using a team management application called Asana. The application can be used on your computer and on your phone to send work, communicate with other team members and view the job for feedback. The system was pretty straightforward to use.

Over the fall semester, I communicated with my supervisor through text and this application. He would assign a task with information, details, and a due date. I would respond and get started. I try to finish a day or two before the due date so that I review things over. I’ve done fieldwork gathering content through my camera, edited them from adobe software, and sent the final product to him.  Tasks become marked as incomplete, complete, and in progress. He is aware of the completion when I send everything over and mark the task as complete. The other members in the agency can see my work, but I’m placed in a different room, so I can’t see them, kind of like Zoom’s room. The thing that is a downside is that I would still have to wait to given new assignments so I’m always checking the asana.