Get Em Tiger Agency ( Journal 7)

During my internship, I previously discussed what I was looking for when applying to different agencies in my previous journals.  I should go into more details about what I saw in them that convinced me to try my best to land this internship. Regarding my last journal entries, I required at least a couple of things off my checklist to make an effort for applying. First, I wanted it to be a small local agency so that more work could be focused on my direction instead of just shadowing and running around getting coffee. Second, I wanted their services to be within my skill range to grow more in experience for the type of designer I want to be. This means work regarding branding and advertising with a bit of web design, maybe UX/UI if the peak of my interest, which eventually did. The third thing was that their work style would reflect what I was trying to reach and ultimately perfect.

GET EM TIGER LOGO

When I stumbled on their website, I knew dead on this would be a fit for me. Since I live in Florida now because of the effects of the pandemic, I needed a Florida Agency. This agency was 15 mins from my apartment, offered the design services I was looking for, and their work was what I was striving for as an upcoming designer.

In the work environment, I was welcomed to a very insightful experience. So far, I have only had contact with the creative director Max Gruber, my mentor. It’s been more of one on one occasion. I was given a chance to explore the area and work with clients one on one. I was given instructions and the task, but the way I was allowed to operate was freely beyond that point. The internship is a remote experience, and so far, I haven’t met the other interns or designers. My feedbacks have been on one with the director. I always enjoyed having the freedom to do things my way without micromanaging or someone breathing down my neck, so this internship was quick to get used to.

WEBSITE:

HOME