“What’s a One Pager?”

My team director in the middle of my second week assigned me to create a one pager on a few topics in the tech industry. They wanted to brainstorm with me on what to include on a one pager for each topic. However, as she was explaining what she had in mind I was asking myself, “What’s a One Pager?”

I had no clue what it was. In the middle of her explanation of her ideas, I asked her what a one pager was. She basically said it’s like a case study but a summary of a certain topic such as an overview of a product or service. The one pagers are supposed to be targeted towards Statista technology clients so that they can invest time researching tech topics with Statista.

For example, I would create a one pager on Artificial Intelligence that describes the market size, revenue, demographics and so. The data for those categories would be provided from Statista.

Admittedly, it was a bit challenging coming up with the content. Like what should be included, what do the financial terms mean, what’s the topic about and many more question arose. So I asked a marketing intern if he would be willing to assist me. He agreed and gave me many possible things to include in the one pager that are relevant. He also explained a lot of the financial terms to me and a few other terms that I was not familiar with.

Overall, it’s been an exciting experience. I’m grateful to have someone else who has more knowledge than me in another field and I’m so excited to see what our one pagers will look like.