3 down, 7-ish more to go

The first day the marketing intern and I started working on the one pagers, we were stumped about how we were going to organize them. What do one pagers look like? Is there a standard layout? So I did some research and found out there is no guideline on designing one pagers. It was completely up to us to design them. For about an hour I was sketching possible layouts we could use. However, because the marketing intern wasn’t too much into design, he left me to decide which template to use. There was one sketch I really like and thought it best fits the tech aesthetic because of its simplicity.

We spent about two days designing and researching the first topic which was FinTech. It was a slow progress, but thankfully our first completed one pager experience made it much easier to do the others. Here are 3 one pagers we have done so far in just one week.

The font and colors come from Statista’s branding book that was given to us by a marketing team at Statista. In my opinion, the most challenging part of this was assigning Statista’s colors to the topics. Well, at least now since we have 8-10 more to go and there aren’t many Statista’s colors.

What made the 1st three one pagers successful was doing a lot of research on our own and asking our team director questions about the topics and information we learned from online. She’s been extremely helpful and is very knowledgeable in the tech field. Also, what made the one pagers successful was dividing the workload evenly between us two. It made things efficient and we were able to stay on the same page without feeling confused with what’s going on. We haven’t had any unsuccessful moments with this assignment yet, but I think we will find out after we do all 8-10 one pagers.