Fairy tale Genre

The genre that I thought would best suit me is fairy tale. The fairy tale that I chose was, “Why The Autumn Leaves are Red” by Ada and Eleanor Skinner,  the story discusses literally why the colour of the leaves change colours as well as how the sun and moon came about to make our seasons in a world of only animals. It all started with a good deed by one of the little animals.

The story starts by using the animals in kind of like a government settings the Bear, the Deer and a Little Turtle. So in a way kind of like Russia, the United States and Canada at the national council trying to figure out what is the biggest problem in the Earth. In terms of the story they needed light to save them from the darkness so the Little Turtle which is the most peaceful one or Canada worked to do good and bring up the light that everyone needed. And because the deed was fulfilled the Little Turtle received high praise from the others. The Deer (the US because they have trouble generating goods by themselves) became jealous and tried to get some of the action that the Little Turtle got and tried to receive praise for itself and so he went to Skyland and the other animals tried to get him to come back when they found out. That’s when Bear went up to get him to come back ( I guess this should be America) but anyways they ended up in a big fight and then  Deer’s antlers were bleeding and then when he fell the blood went through the sky floor dripping on all the l.eaves changing th colour making it Autumn.

Why The Autumn Leaves Are Red