Marijuana

What is Marijuana? Marijuana refers to the dried leaves, flowers, stems, and seeds from the Cannabis sativa or Cannabis indica plant. The plant contains the mind-altering chemical THC and other similar compounds. Extracts can also be made from the cannabis plant. Marijuana is the most commonly used illicit drug in the United States. Its use is widespread among young people. In 2015, more than 11 million young adults ages 18 to 25 used marijuana. Marijuana has mind-altering compounds that affect both your brain and body. It can be additive, and it may be harmful to some peopleā€™s health. According to ā€œHow marijuana affects your brain and body shows: using marijuana can cause addiction, memory loss, social anxiety disorders, Paranoia, heart damage, Lung problem and so on. We need to ban marijuana. But I have no right to do it. So I can tell government here that marijuana is harmful to the people and hope it can create a law to banning marijuana. I also want to tell people who smoke marijuanaļ¼š You must stop smoking marijuana, it affects the health of you and those around you.

Dear government,
I want you to think about if Marijuana can not be limit, it will cause more and more people smoke. Smoke Marijuana is not only affecting himself, but also affecting people around him. Please think about whether the behavior that harms society should be stopped? Your existence is for people’s health and social stability. If you can’t even stop the marijuana drugs, how can you let people give you power and trust? So I ask you to ban the manufacture, sale and smoking of marijuana from now on. For violators should be punished. After that, people will not be near the New York subway station, downstairs at home, smelling a thick pungent smell near the school. Our current New York is filled with the smell of marijuana, hurting innocent people. My family lives on the second floor, but the smell of marijuana on the first floor is often accompanied by the wind through the gap in my window. We tried to complain and report, but the owner of the house turned a blind eye to it. I don’t want to live in New York with such pain. I really want to breathe fresh air every day and make the beautiful environment. In my opinion, it’s not just that I have such a request. Everyone living in New York does not want to endure the smell of marijuana in such an airtight environment as a subway station. For people who must use marijuana as a medicine, I hope that law enforcement can draw a part of the area to let patients take medicine. In addition, Marijuana users may experience psychosis. Marijuana users who have taken large doses of the drug may experience acute psychosis, which includes hallucinations, delusions, and a loss of the sense of personal identity. Easy to cause crime. If someone sins with the help of marijuana, he finally evades responsibility because of mental problems. This is a serious harm to society. So law enforcement people also need to limit for the amount of cannabis intake. Here I want to ask you why cannabis is hurting more and more people. But fewer cannabis laws and regulations? According to ā€œSmoking Weed in New York Is Now a Fine-Only Offenseā€ say:ā€œ Smoking marijuana in public in New York State can now only be punished with a fine rather than jail time after a new decriminalization law went into effect Wednesday, August 28th. As CBS New York reports, Governor Andrew Cuomo signed the new bill last month.ā€ I don’t know why cannabis changed from guilty to innocent, but this is the beginning of bad things.

Dear Smoker,
As far as I know, you spend a lot of money every day buying and smoking marijuana. First I will tell you if you do not smoke marijuana for several months. The money you save is enough to buy a car. It may not be enough to attract you, but if you insist on not using marijuana for years, you can even buy a house with the saved money. According to ā€œColorado passes $1 billion in marijuana state revenueā€, Since July 2017, Colorado total monthly tax and fee revenue from marijuana sales has never dipped below $20 million. In February 2014, the first month with sales tracking data, total state revenue was $3.5 million. From these data, people spend a lot of money on drugs. I think that if people use this money to help the poor, the average living standard of the people will be improved.Ā  So I hope you can use your money in the right place. Then I want to let you know about smoking marijuana.Ā  Endangers your health and the health of those around you. According to ā€œThe Harmful effects of Marijuanaā€, ā€œThe immediate effects of taking marijuana include rapid heart beat, disorientation, lack of physical coordination, often followed by depression or sleepiness. Some users suffer panic attacks or anxiety. But the problem does not end there. According to scientific studies, the active ingredient in cannabis, THC, remains in the body for weeks or even months. Marijuana smoke contains 50% to 70% more cancer-causing substances than tobacco smoke. One major research study reported that a single cannabis joint could cause as much damage to the lungs as up to five regular cigarettes smoked one after another. Long-time joint smokers often suffer from bronchitis, an inflammation of the respiratory tract. The drug can affect more than your physical health. Studies in Australia in 2008 linked years of heavy marijuana use to brain abnormalities. This is backed up by earlier research on the long-term effects of marijuana, which indicate changes in the brain similar to those caused by long-term abuse of other major drugs. And a number of studies have shown a connection between continued marijuana use and psychosis.ā€ Hopefully after I have explained the dangers of cannabis, you can quit it.

https://www.healthline.com/health/addiction/marijuana/effects-on-body#1

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/marijuana-use-and-its-effects

https://www.verywellmind.com/the-health-effects-of-marijuana-67788

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana

https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/health-effects.html