My Responsibilities

My responsibilities as an intern for OpenLab consist of attending weekly meetings with my co-interns and supervisors. We attend weekly Zoom meetings, that consist of Updates on our weekly tasks and projects, we also give feedback on other interns projects. We also go through policies for submitting work and we brainstorm how to get to the next parts of our projects.

Another responsibility is to do a weekly check-ins through Asana. We are able to add tasks to our group board and subtasks which helps explains into the steps that consist of completing the main task. My first assignment was to create a project proposal for an outreach campaign for The Buzz, a project on OpenLab that aims to give student resource information. I also ad to provide a time map of the campaign so we can stay on track to hit milestones.

The time plan breaks down into weeks, it shows the process of research, drafting, edits, revisions and feedback. After the initial proposal was given we went into the the plan and broke down some main tasks between me and my co-intern who are both working on this campaign project.

Another responsibility given to me by my supervisor, as to document all the processes that occurs throughout the campaign so that i can create a resource document for future interns that will continue adding to the campaign project in the future. This consists of writing down the processes for creating a tutorial post and what steps they would need to take to get the post approved for publishing on The Buzz. This document will also include information on categories and tags used for posting specific types of information such as DYK posts, Student spotlights, and Announcements.

categories offered in The Buzz

Also as apart of my campaign I also am working on digital images for “Whats the Buzz” which will be a segment for The Buzz that will be posted on School Screens. I also have one on one meetings with my workmate so we can discuss progress on individual work, give insight, feedback and brainstorm on what is needed for our next group meeting.