Matope – Work Gabby Did

I had previously worked on an NPC python file, and I fixed it up a bit today. I realized that I wasn’t sure how it would actually work within the game and after discussing with Professor Baker, it was confirmed that attaching the script to the object (NOT THE GEOMETRY) for the NPC would be best.

I also implemented into the NPCs a very basic quest system that will need to be modified and perfected. This quest system was intended to be its own class, but it just fits in so nicely with the NPC class, it seems like a match made in perfection… but I can’t help but wonder if I’d be better off making a Quest class for more easily mass-producing quests. In fact, that likely is a good idea.

In addition, I started working on the python file for a Player class. I had not originally considered this a task that needed to be done, but upon further consideration, it is.

I should also work on an Item class, and make sure the player class has an inventory variable… probably a list would be best.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.