Lab Report Week 1: Defining terms in Blender

Objective:
To rule the world and to try to define most of the terms that are used in Blender on a regular basis. Also to give a short tutorial/example of this term in action. This would come in handy when trying to trying to figure out how something works down the line. I would mess with blender and try to translate my actions into words. Bababoowiebababowie is not an acceptable word, they have to be words that pertain to Blender and can help out any noob trying to do blender.

Materials: I would be using:
Blender 2.65 software
Grab software on Mac
Punching bag when things get airy (the person to my left can work as well)
Maybe Google, Dictionary.com.

Method (to my Madness):
I would sit at my chair, spin around 4 or 5 times (this is how to activate study mode)
Then I would look the Lab report format and try to do as the format says taking breaks in between and jumping into other people’s conversation. I would also look at blender and try to describe what I see in layman’s terms.

Results:

The first term I would be defining is Vertex/Point.
The Dictionary definition for a point is a dimensionless geometric object having no properties except location.
In my own words: an object with only a location but no dimension.
Further in my own words: a point is the smallest part of an object similar to a pixel in picture.
If someone wants to make a very small change to an object in Blender, it’s advisable to modify the point.
How do we do it already?
By default, Blender is in Object mode, this can be seen on the lower left of the screen. To modify a point, it has to be changed into Edit Mode. This can be done by clicking on the top arrow on Object Mode and it would present a sub-menu. Among the options there is Edit mode.
Once in Edit Mode, make sure to select Point. Which is a button that shows a cube with just a Point highlighted right click on the point you want to edit and drag it which way you want it modified. Then left click to let go of the mouse.

Before Edit Mode

After Edit Mode (i actually zoomed in, but it zoomed itself out)

After Edit Mode( i actually zoomed in, but it zoomed itself out)

The same Results can also work for using and modifying Lines/Edge, Surface/Face.
So this technically counts as three definitions.

Discussion:

I kinda went overboard on one definition. I can’t possibly do this for all definitions (without receive a medal nonetheless). I would have liked to do more definitions but time constraints (read: laziness) wouldn’t permit this. Next time…..I would do things differently

About rusnuvol

I'm tall.