Starting out

In the first week of starting the internship I was going into the atmosphere nervous. I was feeling nervous because this wasn’t something I was familiar with in the essence of doing work revolved around the skills I’ve been developing which is video editing/motion design. However, the work being remote is extremely beneficial because it allows me to have some sort of comfort and extra focus on what I am doing. I was able to meet with my colleagues and supervisor just to inform me what will be happening on the internship.

Later on in the week the task was to build up a script for the Applied Chemistry Bachelor of Science program’s admissions requirement for City Tech. What made this challenging was that I have never been in the position to do something like this. Without overwhelming myself, my supervisor gave me some encouraging words which helped me progress through the script. The information was on the City Tech site, but did need some paraphrasing because just writing word for word of information would be boring. I put myself in the shoes as someone who would be possibly interested in joining the program and realized how boring it could’ve been. Shortly after I was able to finish up the script and was waiting to meet with the client next.