Retail Wine Store Analysis

For the retail wine store analysis I decided to visit. Mount Carmel Wines & Spirits, located in 609 E 187th st, Bronx, NY. As I walked into the location I saw that there was only one person standing at the counter and I was hoping that he was knowledgeable enough to answer my questions. Before I approached to him I took a look at the location and I really loved the atmosphere. The walls were like a wood type of color as well as the floor, the wines were well organized in terms of uniformity. When I approached the counter I introduced myself to the employee and starting asking him questions. He told me that the wines at the store are organized by region and once they put them by region, then they separate the whites from the red, and then they placed them from low to high prices. He told me that it just make it easier for customers that are looking for something not too expensive.

The store is located in Bronx Little Italy there for they specialized in wines from Italy. They also carry wines from Chile, Argentina, California, and France. Walking around the store I also realized that the prices for wines were not more than $43 dollars so ask him about the luxury wines. He said that they keep their luxury wines in a room that is located in the back of the store, but he also told me that most of their luxury wines are by request. Must of their customers already know what they are looking for so what they do is that they will older the wine the customer is looking for. They also carry cultural wines from different regions and countries they are not always expensive but he said that the customers requested them. This wines are in cases around the store that’s how they choose the wines that are going to be display in the front cases, but he had one or two cases with sparkling wines on sale also.

Mount Carmel Wine & Liquors

Mount Carmel Wine & Liquors

they pick the wines that are going to be display at the from by sales and cultural wines

this is an example of a cultural wine from Dominican Republic

This is the front of Mount Carmel Wine & Liquors

white wines

white wines

white wines

white wines

sparkling wines

sparkling wines

red wines

red wines

outside sing

outside sing

inside

inside

displays

displays

6 thoughts on “Retail Wine Store Analysis

1. Hi valery, I really like the store you visited. Is very nice how they have cultural wines. and how they have their luxury wines on the back of the room. It makes the life easier for each costumer that goes to the store.