Weds History of Photography 2012

active 5 years, 1 month ago
Weds History of Photography 2012
This Course Profile is PRIVATE, but the Course Site is OPEN to all visitors.
Humanities
ARTH1100
Spring 2012

This course surveys the history of photography from its beginnings in the early nineteenth century to the present. We will examine the use of photography for aesthetic, documentary, and “scientific” purposes, stylistic shifts in photography related to aesthetic concerns, and varying interpretations of subject matter based on social and cultural concerns at specific moments in history. We will also consider the relationship between photography and the visual arts in general, which culminates with the primacy of photography as a medium by the late twentieth century.

SB Assignment # 14

See MoreSB Assignment # 14

H&M Advertisements

The H&M clothing company has recently put up an ad for their new season's bikinis.  The model was […] See MoreH&M Advertisements

Bringing back instant films

During this course, we have discussed how photography came to be, and it seems that photography is […] See MoreBringing back instant films

Seth, 3-4 shots to get the 'right' photo is the standard ratio so don't knock yourself. Try […] See More

I saw these photographs from my fd's facebook page. Its very lovely and creative how Jason Lee […] See More

(haha I laughed when I saw the two photos of the two burgers.) It is true how advertisement make […] See More