MAT1372 Statistics with Probability

active 7 years ago
MAT1372 Statistics with Probability
Mathematics
MAT 1372

A 3 credit but 4 hour introductory course. Topics include sample space, expectation and variance, binomial, Poisson, normal, student and chi-square distributions, confidence interval, hypothesis testing, correlation and regression. Students do a group project comparing 2 numeric variables and present at the end of the semester. The extra classroom hour is designed to facilitate a hands-on feel to the course including a heavy use of MS Excel.

Blackboard Posting Draft of project

I submitted my written draft of the project, but after something is submitted blackboard won't let […] See MoreBlackboard Posting Draft of project

Exam two solutions

When will the exam 2 solutions be posted since we don't meet until the actual exam. Unless its […] See MoreExam two solutions

Need help

A poker hand consisting of 8 cards is dealt from a standard deck of 52 cards. Find the probability […] See MoreNeed help

Blackboard is now set up for submission. Please upload the excel file (go to content and look for "HW1"). See More

Homework is generally due one week after it is covered in class/assigned See More

sorry, I couldn't also find where it is written when each homework would be due so I could avoid […] See More

exam 1 discussion

Yes, you are correct. I think this happens because I didn't set the format for the column correctly. Change to number and then add one decimal place. See Moreexam 1 discussion