Law1103 Civil Law & Procedure

active 1 week, 4 days ago
Law1103 Civil Law & Procedure
Law and Paralegal Studies
Law 1103

This course addresses the theory and application of law and procedure in civil litigation with emphasis on New York State law. It focuses on the role of the paralegal in preparing for litigation, including an understanding of the court system, steps in the litigation process and their time lines, drafting documents, trial and post-trial topics, and an introduction to the use of the computer in litigation. Prerequisites are CUNY proficiency in reading and writing; pre- or corequisites are LAW 1101 and ENG 1101. Three credits.

This course may be cloned by logged-in faculty.

Court Observation

On Thursday November 7th, a friend and I went to King County Family Court on Jay Street. We asked […] See MoreCourt Observation

Court observation

I went to the queens county civil court the experience was good overall . I like how I got the […] See MoreCourt observation

Court observation

Hi my name is jessica and i have arrived at the kings county civil court today november 12th 2019 […] See MoreCourt observation

For you full report, perhaps it would be helpful to add information about the Hague Convention on […] See More

Fairly simple when dealing with real people, but domicile gets a little more complicated when […] See More

Thanks, I've added it to the list See More

Court Observation Summary

On November 20th, 2019, I went to the Queens Country Civil Court. The courthouse is located on Sutphin boulevard next to the Queens County Supreme Court. I walked into court and want up to the 4th floor in room 405, where cases were […] See MoreCourt Observation Summary

Court Observation Summary

On November 6 , I went to Civil Court of the City of New York , Queens County which is located at 89-17 Sutphin Blvd, Jamaica , NY 11435. At first I was nervous to see that there were metal detectors in the entrance keep in note that it […] See MoreCourt Observation Summary

Court Observation Summary

On November 1st, I went to the Civil Court of the City of New York, Kings County which is located at 141 Livingston St, Brooklyn NY 11201. When I went to look for a trial, I had trouble finding one at first because nothing was going on […] See MoreCourt Observation Summary

Shaw v. Point Lookout Toys, LLC., 58 Misc.3d 789(N.Y. City Ct. 2018)

Jonathan Loaiza 2019 Civil Law     Shaw v. Point Lookout Toys, LLC., 58 Misc.3d 789(N.Y. City Ct. 2018)   Procedural: Shaw’s seeking to recover $5,000 alleging that they were entitled to the return of a security de […] See MoreShaw v. Point Lookout Toys, LLC., 58 Misc.3d 789(N.Y. City Ct. 2018)

Chap 2-3 review homework

Jonathan Loaiza Civil Law Chapter 2   1.To which Court will an appeal from a judgement in Tioga County’s County Court be Take? New York State Supreme Court 3RD department Appellate Division   2.To Which court will a […] See MoreChap 2-3 review homework

Chap 2-3 review homework