ENG 1121 D476 Fall 2019

active 1 year, 10 months ago
ENG 1121 D476 Fall 2019
English

Welcome to ENG 1121! This course builds on its prerequisite, ENG 1101. Together, we will explore and write within new genres, conduct research, and reflect on our writing practices. The big goal is that after you finish this sequence, you’ll be able to analyze and participate in genres inside and outside of higher ed. We’re aiming to build skills that will be useful in future coursework, the workplace, and in your personal lives. In other words, this course isn’t self-contained—we’re aiming to give you a toolbox of skills that you can apply across situations.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Amber Slater

View the course(s) that this course is based on.

The other day I was walking on Fulton Street and I saw a big Advertisement of a Cookie department […] See More

Link: https://twitter.com/i/status/1167589132031451138 1: Purpose- To educate people about a […] See More

No Comments Found

Due 5PM on 11/17: Analyze TED talk

1) “Instead of looking for hope, look for action and only then hope will come” This quote is an effective use of pathos because it makes the audience think about ways in which they can save the earth. 2) For my remix project , I cou […] See MoreDue 5PM on 11/17: Analyze TED talk

Due 5PM on 11/12: Analyze art projects

I believe that visual art has the power to create a huge social change. From a simple picture to a huge mural on the side of a building can have profound and lasting effects on a person and community. The overall message of visual art […] See MoreDue 5PM on 11/12: Analyze art projects

Due 5PM on 11/10: Genre analysis of your mentor text

The genre I will use for my multimodal remix is a photo essay. The mentor I chose is humansofny off instagram. His purpose is listening to random people's stories of their life or problems they are going through currently, with a goal to […] See MoreDue 5PM on 11/10: Genre analysis of your mentor text