ENG 1121 D476 Fall 2019

active 4 days, 1 hour ago
ENG 1121 D476 Fall 2019
English

Welcome to ENG 1121! This course builds on its prerequisite, ENG 1101. Together, we will explore and write within new genres, conduct research, and reflect on our writing practices. The big goal is that after you finish this sequence, you’ll be able to analyze and participate in genres inside and outside of higher ed. We’re aiming to build skills that will be useful in future coursework, the workplace, and in your personal lives. In other words, this course isn’t self-contained—we’re aiming to give you a toolbox of skills that you can apply across situations.

This course may be cloned by logged-in faculty.

The other day I was walking on Fulton Street and I saw a big Advertisement of a Cookie department […] See More

Link: https://twitter.com/i/status/1167589132031451138 1: Purpose- To educate people about a […] See More

No Comments Found

Due 5PM on 11/17: Analyze TED talk

“ For those of us who are on the spectrum, almost everything is black or white. We aren't very good at lying, and we usually don't enjoy participating in this social game that the rest of you seem so fond of. ” This quote is a good exa […] See MoreDue 5PM on 11/17: Analyze TED talk

Due 5PM on 11/12: Analyze art projects

I believe that visual art has the power to create a huge social change. From a simple picture to a huge mural on the side of a building can have profound and lasting effects on a person and community. The overall message of visual art […] See MoreDue 5PM on 11/12: Analyze art projects

Due 5PM on 11/10: Genre analysis of your mentor text

The genre I will use for my multimodal remix is a photo essay. The mentor I chose is humansofny off instagram. His purpose is listening to random people's stories of their life or problems they are going through currently, with a goal to […] See MoreDue 5PM on 11/10: Genre analysis of your mentor text