COMD2330Fall2017

active 1 year, 6 months ago
COMD2330Fall2017
Communication Design
COMD 2330

This course will explore the foundational concepts of light and exposure in photography. Students will develop visual literacy as well as framing and compositional skills. Students will become acquainted with a wide range of contemporary photographers and gain an understanding of how photographic style transforms subject matter into meaning. Using professional lighting equipment and cameras, the student will gain hands-on experience capturing digital images in the studio as well as on location. Students will also learn professional methods and software to manage, process and print digital images.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: rmichals

View the course(s) that this course is based on. This course has been cloned or re-cloned 2 times; view clone(s).

Edvard Munch: Between the Clock and the Bed - Extra Credit

The Edvard Munch: Between the Clock and Bed exhibition is taking place in the 3rd floor of The MET […] See MoreEdvard Munch: Between the Clock and the Bed - Extra Credit

Best Photo- Portrait

This shot of Gaby looks great! She looks like a cover of a magazine. I really like how I […] See MoreBest Photo- Portrait

Modernism of the Ganges by Raghubir Singh - Extra Credit

Exhibition Modernism of the Ganges by Raghubir Singh   The Raghubir Singh, Modernism of […] See MoreModernism of the Ganges by Raghubir Singh - Extra Credit

Comment on "Edvard Munch: Between the Clock and the Bed – Extra Credit"

I am sorry but this is not the exhibit I asked students to see for extra credit. I asked students […] See MoreComment on "Edvard Munch: Between the Clock and the Bed – Extra Credit"

Comment on "fast motion and frozen motion"

Contrast of sharpness is visually appealing. The first photo would not be as effective if the […] See MoreComment on "fast motion and frozen motion"

Comment on "best blurred and frozen pictures"

Both are good examples. Nipa throwing the doll up has a funny contrast of scale as well between […] See MoreComment on "best blurred and frozen pictures"

Nipa khan_sunflower_Digital photography

This is my favorite sunflower. The light is coming form the front. I like this image because everything else is blurry only the side of the pedal is on focus and it brings a contrast . This is a close up shot. This flower fill the frame. See MoreNipa khan_sunflower_Digital photography

HW #4

The exhibitĀ Dressed and UndressedĀ is a two-floor gallery of photos from a photographer named William Wegman. The room is a huge white room with pictures spaced out evenly across both sides of the room. He uses a twenty-four by t […] See MoreHW #4

Hw #4

Kevin Velez 10/10/17 COMD 2330 In the Exhibit called ā€œDressed and undressedā€ by William Wegman at Sperone Westwater was about dog portraits. The entire exhibit occupied the third and fourth floor. They are rectangular roo […] See MoreHw #4